Bluesboys do the double over Langley
SSML Division One
London Colney 2 Kings Langley 1
LONDON Colney ended their SSML Division One league campaign by doing the double over Kings Langley.
The Blueboys’ goal lived a charmed life as the visitors hit the woodwork four times but despite those close calls Colney held out to record their second league win over their opponents this season.
Lewis Toomey and Dan Tomkins both went close for the visitors while Greg Shaw headed over for Colney.
You may also want to watch:
The deadlock was broken 26 minutes in when a defender’s attempted clearance from Trevor Stevens’ right wing cross hit Ricky Perks and nestled in the back of the net.
Langley looked to hit back and Tomkins fierce strike came back off the left hand post. The equaliser came eight minutes before the interval when Toomey went on a fine solo run before chipping the ball over the advancing Mark Whittamore.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district
Tomkins’ luck was clearly out as he saw another effort come back off post while Toomey saw his curling strike smash the top of the bar.
Mitchell replaced the injured Perks at half time and the replacement missed a glorious chance to restore Colney’s lead but he shot wide of the target.
Whittamore denied Toomey pushing his point blank header onto the post before Colney struck the winner 16 minutes from time. Mitchell’s cross was cut out by Luke Ladyman but the ball fell to Danny Fitzgerald who sent the ball underneath the despairing dive of Simon Ryder.
Colney: Whittamore; Hull, McCafferty, Paradise, Murphy, Dickie, Jowle, Shaw (Wilkinson), Perks (Mitchell), Stevens, Fitzgerald.