Blueboys winning run ended
SSML Division One London Colney 0 Hoddesdon Town 2 After their recent run of four straight wins, Colney had an off day losing 2-0 to Hoddesdon Town on Saturday. Blueboys goalkeeper Rob Munn was kept busy and he pulled off a cracking save tipping over a fi
SSML Division One
London Colney 0 Hoddesdon Town 2
After their recent run of four straight wins, Colney had an off day losing 2-0 to Hoddesdon Town on Saturday.
Blueboys goalkeeper Rob Munn was kept busy and he pulled off a cracking save tipping over a fierce rising drive from Steve Cawley.
A rare Blueboys' attack saw David Parkinson set up Sam Mitchell but his effort crashed into the side-netting.
The visitors continued to pressurise Colney and Munn did well to divert Tony Neilson's effort wide and Tom Dickie blocked another effort from Cawley.
- 1 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 2 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 6 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 7 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 8 Call for proper testing for new Charter Market stalls
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
Hoddesdon opened the scoring when a loose pass from Josh Humbert was pounced upon by Lee Tombs and he released Neilson who slotted past Munn.
Sub Danny Fitzgerald was denied by a great save from Town 'keeper Callum Boudice and also saw another effort drift wide.
Hoddesdon scored a decisive second goal with Neilson and Cawley combining to kill off the Blueboys. Neilson crossed from the right and Cawley was on hand to sweep the ball past Munn.
London Colney: Munn, Hull, Corran, Paradise, Dickie (Danslow), Humbert, Mitchell (Davey), Magwood, Parkinson, Simmonds (Fitzgerald), Gallagher. Subs not used: Hudson, Butcher.