Blueboys take the Lion’s share
- Credit: Archant
London Colney turned on the style on Tuesday night to run out 7-0 winners against London Lions in the SSML Premier Division Cup.
Six second half goals against 10-man Lions at Cotlandswick saw the Blueboys inflict their biggest win of the season.
Despite dominating the first half, it took 39 minutes for Colney to open the scoring, Russell Gallagher smashing the ball into the net from the edge of the area.
Two minutes later London Lions were reduced to ten players when Ben Lambert was sent off after he picked up his second yellow card of the evening.
Four minutes into the second half it became 2-0 when Newman made a good run down the right and squared the ball across for Gallagher to score his second of the evening.
He completed his hat-trick in the 55th minute, linking up with Martin Collins before firing home before Greg Shaw made it 4-0.
Matt Newman, got in on the action for the fifth goal, coolly placing the ball past the goalkeeper after Collins put him though.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 5 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 10 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school
Collins turned from provider to goalscorer as he saw his curling shot beat the goalkeeper. And the scoring was wrapped up by Jimmy Warner On Saturday the Blueboys are at home to Berkhamsted, 3pm kick-off.