Blueboys take the Lion’s share
- Credit: Archant
London Colney turned on the style on Tuesday night to run out 7-0 winners against London Lions in the SSML Premier Division Cup.
Six second half goals against 10-man Lions at Cotlandswick saw the Blueboys inflict their biggest win of the season.
Despite dominating the first half, it took 39 minutes for Colney to open the scoring, Russell Gallagher smashing the ball into the net from the edge of the area.
Two minutes later London Lions were reduced to ten players when Ben Lambert was sent off after he picked up his second yellow card of the evening.
Four minutes into the second half it became 2-0 when Newman made a good run down the right and squared the ball across for Gallagher to score his second of the evening.
He completed his hat-trick in the 55th minute, linking up with Martin Collins before firing home before Greg Shaw made it 4-0.
Matt Newman, got in on the action for the fifth goal, coolly placing the ball past the goalkeeper after Collins put him though.
- 1 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 2 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 3 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 4 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 5 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 6 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 7 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 8 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 9 St Albans is one of UK's worst locations for hay fever
- 10 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
Collins turned from provider to goalscorer as he saw his curling shot beat the goalkeeper. And the scoring was wrapped up by Jimmy Warner On Saturday the Blueboys are at home to Berkhamsted, 3pm kick-off.