Blueboys take the Lion’s share
- Credit: Archant
London Colney turned on the style on Tuesday night to run out 7-0 winners against London Lions in the SSML Premier Division Cup.
Six second half goals against 10-man Lions at Cotlandswick saw the Blueboys inflict their biggest win of the season.
Despite dominating the first half, it took 39 minutes for Colney to open the scoring, Russell Gallagher smashing the ball into the net from the edge of the area.
Two minutes later London Lions were reduced to ten players when Ben Lambert was sent off after he picked up his second yellow card of the evening.
Four minutes into the second half it became 2-0 when Newman made a good run down the right and squared the ball across for Gallagher to score his second of the evening.
You may also want to watch:
He completed his hat-trick in the 55th minute, linking up with Martin Collins before firing home before Greg Shaw made it 4-0.
Matt Newman, got in on the action for the fifth goal, coolly placing the ball past the goalkeeper after Collins put him though.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Charity founder cancels Channel swim after suffering long Covid
Collins turned from provider to goalscorer as he saw his curling shot beat the goalkeeper. And the scoring was wrapped up by Jimmy Warner On Saturday the Blueboys are at home to Berkhamsted, 3pm kick-off.