Blueboys take derby honours
SSML Division One Harpenden Town 0 London Colney 2 LONDON Colney took the bragging rights from this local derby with a 2-0 win at neighbours Harpenden Town. The Blueboys made an electric start to the game and opened the scoring after six minutes. Russell
SSML Division One
Harpenden Town 0 London Colney 2
LONDON Colney took the bragging rights from this local derby with a 2-0 win at neighbours Harpenden Town.
The Blueboys made an electric start to the game and opened the scoring after six minutes. Russell Gallagher delivered a cross to the far post where Frankie Jowle was on hand to drill the ball past Matt Lord.
Colney doubled their lead five minutes later when Jowle's corner was only partially cleared and Mark Paradise curled the ball back in for Kenny Hull to score.
Dave Parkinson, Jowle and Gallagher all went close for Colney.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 3 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 4 Blue Plaque commemorating life of Duchess of Marlborough
- 5 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 6 Park drama as theatre director and café staff tackle tree fire
- 7 Man kicked, punched and knocked unconscious outside St Albans bank
- 8 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 9 It's A Kind of Magic as Queen Symphonic's Bohemian Rhapsody rocks Hatfield Park
- 10 St Albans set for heatwave and 31C sunshine in mid-August
Shaun Murphy hit the crossbar with a header from a Jowle corner and Greg Shaw hit the top of the bar.
Harpenden were awarded a penalty when Matt Hitchcock was upended in the box by Murphy but Chris Gregory saw his penalty saved by Mark Whittamore.
For the third time in the second half Colney hit the bar, this time Parkinson's cracking shot came back off the underside of the bar.
Richard Pulsford impressed for Harpenden and did his best to stifle the Blueboys' attacks but it wasn't to be for Town.