Blueboys take derby honours
SSML Division One Harpenden Town 0 London Colney 2 LONDON Colney took the bragging rights from this local derby with a 2-0 win at neighbours Harpenden Town. The Blueboys made an electric start to the game and opened the scoring after six minutes. Russell
SSML Division One
Harpenden Town 0 London Colney 2
LONDON Colney took the bragging rights from this local derby with a 2-0 win at neighbours Harpenden Town.
The Blueboys made an electric start to the game and opened the scoring after six minutes. Russell Gallagher delivered a cross to the far post where Frankie Jowle was on hand to drill the ball past Matt Lord.
You may also want to watch:
Colney doubled their lead five minutes later when Jowle's corner was only partially cleared and Mark Paradise curled the ball back in for Kenny Hull to score.
Dave Parkinson, Jowle and Gallagher all went close for Colney.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 6 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 9 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
Shaun Murphy hit the crossbar with a header from a Jowle corner and Greg Shaw hit the top of the bar.
Harpenden were awarded a penalty when Matt Hitchcock was upended in the box by Murphy but Chris Gregory saw his penalty saved by Mark Whittamore.
For the third time in the second half Colney hit the bar, this time Parkinson's cracking shot came back off the underside of the bar.
Richard Pulsford impressed for Harpenden and did his best to stifle the Blueboys' attacks but it wasn't to be for Town.