Blueboys take derby honours
SSML Division One Harpenden Town 0 London Colney 2 LONDON Colney took the bragging rights from this local derby with a 2-0 win at neighbours Harpenden Town. The Blueboys made an electric start to the game and opened the scoring after six minutes. Russell
SSML Division One
Harpenden Town 0 London Colney 2
LONDON Colney took the bragging rights from this local derby with a 2-0 win at neighbours Harpenden Town.
The Blueboys made an electric start to the game and opened the scoring after six minutes. Russell Gallagher delivered a cross to the far post where Frankie Jowle was on hand to drill the ball past Matt Lord.
You may also want to watch:
Colney doubled their lead five minutes later when Jowle's corner was only partially cleared and Mark Paradise curled the ball back in for Kenny Hull to score.
Dave Parkinson, Jowle and Gallagher all went close for Colney.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
Shaun Murphy hit the crossbar with a header from a Jowle corner and Greg Shaw hit the top of the bar.
Harpenden were awarded a penalty when Matt Hitchcock was upended in the box by Murphy but Chris Gregory saw his penalty saved by Mark Whittamore.
For the third time in the second half Colney hit the bar, this time Parkinson's cracking shot came back off the underside of the bar.
Richard Pulsford impressed for Harpenden and did his best to stifle the Blueboys' attacks but it wasn't to be for Town.