Blueboys march on
Spartan South Midlands Division One London Colney 2 Brache Sparta Community 0 DESPITE a below-par performance London Colney ran out 2-0 wins over Brache Sparta on Saturday. The Blueboys got off to a good start opening the scoring inside 10 minutes as Fra
Spartan South Midlands Division One
London Colney 2
Brache Sparta Community 0
DESPITE a below-par performance London Colney ran out 2-0 wins over Brache Sparta on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The Blueboys got off to a good start opening the scoring inside 10 minutes as Frankie Jowle seized on a loose ball and slid it past Chris Williscroft in the Brache goal.
Russell Gallagher had a shot go over the bar and Rob Magwood saw his low drive deflected wide.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
For Brache Nze-Austin Onyerwely saw his looping header saved by Hill on one of their rare attacks.
Jowle nearly added to his tally when he met Gallagher's inch-perfect cross but Jowle's header was cleared off the line by Kevin Lambert.
Jowle swung over a corner which Murphy knocked down to Josh Humbert but the Colney man's effort crashed back off the bar. Brache broke from the rebound but Onyerwely shot wide.
Paul Danslow fired in a cross that Lambert chested narrowly wide of his own goal before the Blueboys doubled their advantage with six minutes to go.
David Parkinson got the goal, beating two players before driving the ball past Williscroft from close range.
The Blueboys have a tough game this weekend as they take on Ryman Premier Division highfliers Aveley in the FA Cup.
London Colney: Hill, Hull (Paradise), Corran, Murphy, Dickie (Davey), Humbert, Jowle, Magwood, Parkinson, Simmonds, Gallagher (Danslow). Subs not used: Hudson, McCafferty.
l Two goals from Ricky Farmer and one from new signing Ayo Falcao gave the Blueboys A-team a 3-1 win over London Road.