Blueboys march on
Spartan South Midlands Division One London Colney 2 Brache Sparta Community 0 DESPITE a below-par performance London Colney ran out 2-0 wins over Brache Sparta on Saturday. The Blueboys got off to a good start opening the scoring inside 10 minutes as Fra
Spartan South Midlands Division One
London Colney 2
Brache Sparta Community 0
DESPITE a below-par performance London Colney ran out 2-0 wins over Brache Sparta on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The Blueboys got off to a good start opening the scoring inside 10 minutes as Frankie Jowle seized on a loose ball and slid it past Chris Williscroft in the Brache goal.
Russell Gallagher had a shot go over the bar and Rob Magwood saw his low drive deflected wide.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
- 5 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 6 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
- 10 'Nothing will take away what she has done to our daughter'
For Brache Nze-Austin Onyerwely saw his looping header saved by Hill on one of their rare attacks.
Jowle nearly added to his tally when he met Gallagher's inch-perfect cross but Jowle's header was cleared off the line by Kevin Lambert.
Jowle swung over a corner which Murphy knocked down to Josh Humbert but the Colney man's effort crashed back off the bar. Brache broke from the rebound but Onyerwely shot wide.
Paul Danslow fired in a cross that Lambert chested narrowly wide of his own goal before the Blueboys doubled their advantage with six minutes to go.
David Parkinson got the goal, beating two players before driving the ball past Williscroft from close range.
The Blueboys have a tough game this weekend as they take on Ryman Premier Division highfliers Aveley in the FA Cup.
London Colney: Hill, Hull (Paradise), Corran, Murphy, Dickie (Davey), Humbert, Jowle, Magwood, Parkinson, Simmonds, Gallagher (Danslow). Subs not used: Hudson, McCafferty.
l Two goals from Ricky Farmer and one from new signing Ayo Falcao gave the Blueboys A-team a 3-1 win over London Road.