Blueboys make it three on the bounce
Pre-Season Friendly London Colney 3 Epping FC 0 LONDON Colney defeated Epping FC 3-0 on Saturday to make it three wins from three matches under manager Julian Robinson. Striker Danny Fitzgerald cracked in a fine opening goal and Russell Gallagher
London Colney 3 Epping FC 0
LONDON Colney defeated Epping FC 3-0 on Saturday to make it three wins from three matches under manager Julian Robinson.
Striker Danny Fitzgerald cracked in a fine opening goal and Russell Gallagher made it two with a powerful finish.
You may also want to watch:
Ashley Aimakhu added the gloss to the victory with the third for Colney settling an entertaining clash with chances at both ends. Colin Wilson and Gallagher each struck the woodwork while former Colney boss Lee Ward, now in charge of Epping, watched his side create several chances.
Ward was happy to be back at his old club and believes that with the right signings the Blueboys can win back their Premier Division status. He said: "I think they have got a very, very young side. They signed Paul Danslow from Oxhey Jets but they need a few more experienced players. I would imagine they have aspirations to come straight back. I hope they go up. It would be good to see them back in that division.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
"This match was a very good run out. It was our first game of pre-season and it could quite easily have been five or six all. They took their chances."
With Aimakhu, Gallagher and Fitzgerald all competing for forward slots next season Colney should score plenty of goals. Ward feels Fitzgerald could be a key man for his former club next term. He said: "Danny Fitzgerald played well. He was lively. He comes alive when he has the ball at his feet. He scored a very good goal. I was just saying to my players who were trying to mark him that his strength is his right foot and then the ball lands on his left foot and he smashes it in.