Blueboys into semis
Herts Senior Centenary Trophy
London Colney 1 Met Police Bushey 0
LONDON Colney booked their spot in the semi-finals of the Herts Senior Centenary Trophy after a single goal win over Met Police Bushey.
The visitors threatened early on when Dale Archer found Ross Shot but Mark Whittamore quickly raced off his line to end the attack.
A counter-attack by Colney should have produced the opening goal when Sam Mitchell fed Russell Gallagher but his effort was saved by goalkeeper Gary White’s outstretched leg.
You may also want to watch:
Greg Shaw saw a free kick saved by White and Parkinson had a shot blocked before the Blueboys opened the scoring in the 23rd minute. Gallagher did extremely well down the left wing riding two challenges before sending over a pin-point cross for Ricky Perks whose powerful header found the back of the net despite White getting a hand to the ball.
Met Police tried to hit back but they found Whittamore in good form. The Blueboys custodian produced a fine save to deny Gavin Chatterpaul from close range and was also on hand to deny Jamie Darby.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
After the break, it was the visitors who looked most likely to get on the scoresheet but again Whittamore stood firm. The ‘keeper tipped an effort from Shot wide of the post before getting his fingertips to a stinging drive by Robert Courtnage as Colney made it through to the last four.
Colney: Whittamore; Wilkinson, McCafferty, Paradise, Murphy, Dickie (Stevens), Mitchell (Jowle), Shaw, Perks, Parkinson, Gallagher. Subs not used: Fitzgerald, Townsend.
n The Blueboys’ second string recorded a 4-3 win over Ampthill Reserves.
New signing Aaron Wilson scored twice along with goals from Johny Armitt and Marc Farrow. The ‘A’ Team lost 4-3 against Redbourn, with James Pegrum (two) and Nann Kenneth on target. London Colney Blues lost 5-0 to Hertford Heath.