Blueboys in final
Herts Senior Centenary Trophy semi-final London Colney 2 Kings Langley 0 (AET) LONDON Colney sealed their place in the Senior Centenary Trophy Final after a 2-0 win over Kings Langley on Saturday courtesy of goals from Dave Parkinson and Russell Gallaghe
Herts Senior Centenary Trophy semi-final
London Colney 2
Kings Langley 0 (AET)
LONDON Colney sealed their place in the Senior Centenary Trophy Final after a 2-0 win over Kings Langley on Saturday courtesy of goals from Dave Parkinson and Russell Gallagher.
Gary Simmonds went close with a shot just wide after good work by Parkinson and Shaun Murphy headed over.
Frankie Jowle then forced Channer in the Kings Langley goal to tip his curling free kick over the bar.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 3 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 4 Blue Plaque commemorating life of Duchess of Marlborough
- 5 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 6 Park drama as theatre director and café staff tackle tree fire
- 7 Man kicked, punched and knocked unconscious outside St Albans bank
- 8 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 9 It's A Kind of Magic as Queen Symphonic's Bohemian Rhapsody rocks Hatfield Park
- 10 St Albans set for heatwave and 31C sunshine in mid-August
Dan Tomkins came close to netting a winner for Kings Langley only to see Mark Whittamore beat his shot away forcing the game into extra time.
Extra time was only 12 seconds old when the Blueboys made the breakthrough, Jowle's pass releasing Parkinson who raced clear and tucked it past Channer.
Whittamore kept the opposition out with three fantastic saves, one a point blank save to deny Ian Felgate and two full length saves to deny Tomkins.
Gallagher confirmed the Blueboys spot in the final with a decisive second goal in the final minute reacting quickest to fire into the roof of the net after Paul Danslow's initial effort had been repelled.