Blueboys in final
Herts Senior Centenary Trophy semi-final London Colney 2 Kings Langley 0 (AET) LONDON Colney sealed their place in the Senior Centenary Trophy Final after a 2-0 win over Kings Langley on Saturday courtesy of goals from Dave Parkinson and Russell Gallaghe
Herts Senior Centenary Trophy semi-final
London Colney 2
Kings Langley 0 (AET)
LONDON Colney sealed their place in the Senior Centenary Trophy Final after a 2-0 win over Kings Langley on Saturday courtesy of goals from Dave Parkinson and Russell Gallagher.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Simmonds went close with a shot just wide after good work by Parkinson and Shaun Murphy headed over.
Frankie Jowle then forced Channer in the Kings Langley goal to tip his curling free kick over the bar.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
Dan Tomkins came close to netting a winner for Kings Langley only to see Mark Whittamore beat his shot away forcing the game into extra time.
Extra time was only 12 seconds old when the Blueboys made the breakthrough, Jowle's pass releasing Parkinson who raced clear and tucked it past Channer.
Whittamore kept the opposition out with three fantastic saves, one a point blank save to deny Ian Felgate and two full length saves to deny Tomkins.
Gallagher confirmed the Blueboys spot in the final with a decisive second goal in the final minute reacting quickest to fire into the roof of the net after Paul Danslow's initial effort had been repelled.