Blueboys in final
Herts Senior Centenary Trophy semi-final London Colney 2 Kings Langley 0 (AET) LONDON Colney sealed their place in the Senior Centenary Trophy Final after a 2-0 win over Kings Langley on Saturday courtesy of goals from Dave Parkinson and Russell Gallaghe
Herts Senior Centenary Trophy semi-final
London Colney 2
Kings Langley 0 (AET)
LONDON Colney sealed their place in the Senior Centenary Trophy Final after a 2-0 win over Kings Langley on Saturday courtesy of goals from Dave Parkinson and Russell Gallagher.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Simmonds went close with a shot just wide after good work by Parkinson and Shaun Murphy headed over.
Frankie Jowle then forced Channer in the Kings Langley goal to tip his curling free kick over the bar.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 6 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
Dan Tomkins came close to netting a winner for Kings Langley only to see Mark Whittamore beat his shot away forcing the game into extra time.
Extra time was only 12 seconds old when the Blueboys made the breakthrough, Jowle's pass releasing Parkinson who raced clear and tucked it past Channer.
Whittamore kept the opposition out with three fantastic saves, one a point blank save to deny Ian Felgate and two full length saves to deny Tomkins.
Gallagher confirmed the Blueboys spot in the final with a decisive second goal in the final minute reacting quickest to fire into the roof of the net after Paul Danslow's initial effort had been repelled.