Blueboys floor Crawley Green
Molten Spartan South Midlands League Division One Crawley Green 0 London Colney 2 LONDON Colney shut out free-scoring Crawley Green on Saturday as they recorded an impressive away victory. Hosts Crawley Green had clattered in 28 goals in 10 league
Molten Spartan South Midlands League Division One
Crawley Green 0 London Colney 2
LONDON Colney shut out free-scoring Crawley Green on Saturday as they recorded an impressive away victory.
Hosts Crawley Green had clattered in 28 goals in 10 league fixtures including putting eight past Brache Sparta in their previous home match.
You may also want to watch:
The Blueboys were not daunted and went on the attack from the kick off. Paul Danslow had a shot blocked and John Beschizza crossed for Dave Corran who also saw his shot blocked with Danslow's rebound effort headed off the line.
Danny McCafferty made some vital challenges to thwart the Crawley Green attack while at the other end Jermaine Davey shot wide.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Havin a fantastic lunch at new Turkish restaurant
The Blueboys went 1-0 up when Lee Benning surged down the right flank and crossed for Danslow to net with an emphatic header.
Early in the second half Colney almost made it 2-0 when Danslow skimmed the cross bar with a fine header.
Defender Tom Dickie cleared well as Robbie O'Dell threatened for Crawley Green and at the other end Colney centre back Mark Paradise met a McCafferty free kick with a header which was pushed away. Josh Humbert raced in to pounce on the loose ball but hit the ground and the referee adjudged he had been tripped and pointed to the penalty spot. Midfielder Greg Shaw stepped up and held his nerve to convert the first spot kick of the season awarded to Colney.
Former Colney Heath midfielder Gary Simmonds, a recent signing for the Blueboys then went close with a cross-shot which arrowed just wide of the far post.
London Colney: Hill, Benning, McCafferty, Paradise, Dickie, Humbert, Beschizza (Simmonds), Shaw, Danslow (R. Gallagher), J. Davey (C. Davey), Corran. Unused subs: Gorrall, Murphy.