Blueboys ease past Welwyn
Parkinson, Fitzgerald and Mitchell on target for Colney
SSML Division One
London Colney 3
Welwyn Garden City 0
GOALS from Dave Parkinson, Danny Fitzgerald and Sam Mitchell gave London Colney all three points from their clash with Welwyn Garden City.
You may also want to watch:
The Blueboys started well and it was no surprise when they opened the scoring, although they had to wait until the 37th minute to do so.
Fitzgerald found Parkinson with an excellent pass and the striker skipped past a defender before firing past Joe Croft in the Welwyn goal.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
It could have been 2-0 soon after but Fitzgerald’s diving header went inches wide.
A free kick by Paul Butler early in the second half gave John Armand a nervous moment when the keeper spilled the effort only to see it roll wide much to the custodian’s relief.
The Blueboys had to wait until the 78th minute to double their advantage when Fitzgerald reacted quickest to sweep the ball home after Russell Gallagher’s shot had been parried by Croft.
Seven minutes later it was 3-0 when Mitchell converted from the spot after Parkinson had been tripped in the box.
There was still time for Dean Parratt to go close but the sub’s curling shot came back off the post.
Colney: Armand, Hull (Murphy), McCafferty, Paradise, Thompson, Shaw, Jowle, Mitchell, Fitzgerald (Parratt), Parkinson (Wilkinson), Gallagher.