Blueboys draw with City U21s
- Credit: Archant
London Colney fought back from 2-0 down to earn a draw at St Albans City’s U21s.
The Blueboys started brightly against the Saints with both Cain Davey and Jimmy Hartley going close but then, in the space of five minutes, they found themselves 2-0 down.
Colney nearly hit back quickly after a mistake from the goalkeeper rebounded off the post.
This seemed to fire up the Blueboys up and after a great run by Hartley he saw his low drive deflected just wide of the right hand post for a corner kick.
The goal wasn’t long coming though, after another good run from Hartley saw them play the ball to Greg Shaw who, after taking a couple strides forward, let fly with a low shot from 25 yards that flew into the back of the net off the inside of the keeper’s right hand post to make it 2-1.
You may also want to watch:
The second goal followed as Hartley jinked his way into the box before smashing home the equaliser.
In the second half the Blueboys struck the woodwork three times with the Saints keeper well beaten every time but they could not find a winning goal.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests