Blueboys draw with City U21s
- Credit: Archant
London Colney fought back from 2-0 down to earn a draw at St Albans City’s U21s.
The Blueboys started brightly against the Saints with both Cain Davey and Jimmy Hartley going close but then, in the space of five minutes, they found themselves 2-0 down.
Colney nearly hit back quickly after a mistake from the goalkeeper rebounded off the post.
This seemed to fire up the Blueboys up and after a great run by Hartley he saw his low drive deflected just wide of the right hand post for a corner kick.
The goal wasn’t long coming though, after another good run from Hartley saw them play the ball to Greg Shaw who, after taking a couple strides forward, let fly with a low shot from 25 yards that flew into the back of the net off the inside of the keeper’s right hand post to make it 2-1.
You may also want to watch:
The second goal followed as Hartley jinked his way into the box before smashing home the equaliser.
In the second half the Blueboys struck the woodwork three times with the Saints keeper well beaten every time but they could not find a winning goal.
- 1 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 10 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead