Blueboys deliver against Sun Postal
Another three points for Blueboys
SSML Division One
Sun Postal Sports 0 London Colney 3
A WATERLOOGED goalmouth as Sun Postal’s ground saw this match switched to London Colney’s Cotlandswick home at short notice and the Blueboys made home advantage count with a good win.
The Blueboys made the early running with Frankie Jowle, Russell Gallagher and Dave Parkinson all causing the opposition defence nervous moments.
You may also want to watch:
Colney took the lead 29 minutes in when Gallagher’s cross was diverted into his own net by Sun Postal’s Chris McIntyre.
Stand-in goalkeeper Ricky Perks had a reasonably quiet afternoon with Mark Paradise and Shaun Murphy provided good protection in front of him.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 10 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
Perks had to be alert to keep out Ben Cowen’s shot with Murphy on hand to clear Luke Lloyd’s follow-up shot off the line early in the second half.
The Blueboys doubled their lead in the 55th minute when Parkinson was bought down in the area and Sam Mitchell made no mistake from the penalty spot.
Colney wrapped up all three points with a third goal in the 67th minute courtesy of a fantastic finish from Parkinson.
Mitchell laid Jowle’s pass into the path of Parkinson who turned on a six-pence and drove the ball into the roof of the net.
Colney: Perks; Wilkinson, McCafferty, Paradise, Murphy (Stevens), Dickie, Jowle, Shaw, Mitchell (Fitzgerald), Parkinson, Gallagher. Sub not used: Townsend.