Blueboys deliver against Sun Postal
Another three points for Blueboys
SSML Division One
Sun Postal Sports 0 London Colney 3
A WATERLOOGED goalmouth as Sun Postal’s ground saw this match switched to London Colney’s Cotlandswick home at short notice and the Blueboys made home advantage count with a good win.
The Blueboys made the early running with Frankie Jowle, Russell Gallagher and Dave Parkinson all causing the opposition defence nervous moments.
Colney took the lead 29 minutes in when Gallagher’s cross was diverted into his own net by Sun Postal’s Chris McIntyre.
Stand-in goalkeeper Ricky Perks had a reasonably quiet afternoon with Mark Paradise and Shaun Murphy provided good protection in front of him.
- 1 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 2 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 3 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 4 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 5 Restaurant review: Christmas at The Ivy in St Albans
- 6 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 St Albans city centre road closures reduce spaces for Blue Badge holders
- 10 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
Perks had to be alert to keep out Ben Cowen’s shot with Murphy on hand to clear Luke Lloyd’s follow-up shot off the line early in the second half.
The Blueboys doubled their lead in the 55th minute when Parkinson was bought down in the area and Sam Mitchell made no mistake from the penalty spot.
Colney wrapped up all three points with a third goal in the 67th minute courtesy of a fantastic finish from Parkinson.
Mitchell laid Jowle’s pass into the path of Parkinson who turned on a six-pence and drove the ball into the roof of the net.
Colney: Perks; Wilkinson, McCafferty, Paradise, Murphy (Stevens), Dickie, Jowle, Shaw, Mitchell (Fitzgerald), Parkinson, Gallagher. Sub not used: Townsend.