Blueboys crush New Bradwell with four-midable display
LONDON Colney collected their first win of the season in Division One as they hit four against New Bradwell St Peter on Saturday. Goalscorers Danslow, Mitchell, J. Davey, Humbert.
Molten Spartan South Midlands Division One
London Colney 4 New Bradwell St Peter 1
LONDON Colney collected their first win of the season in Division One as they hit four against New Bradwell St Peter on Saturday.
The Blueboys sprang the offside trap to open the scoring when Jermaine Davey slid a ball through to Paul Danslow who cut in and struck the ball past the advancing goalkeeper Shaun Abson for 1-0 on 16 minutes.
Davey went close to a second and Danslow fired over the top while at the other end Colney goalkeeper Anthony Ladyman made a good save.
Davey narrowly missed with a fine lob early in the second half and Ladyman denied Mark Kalek with a fine stop.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 6 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 7 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 8 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 9 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 10 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
In the 59th minute Sam Mitchell made it 2-0 when he prodded the ball over the line from a nice neat pass by Greg Shaw.
Ladyman made two saves to keep Colney in command and Lee Benning arrowed in a fine shot which was well stopped by Abson.
New Bradwell pulled a goal back with 16 minutes left when Paul Stokes scored with a brilliant diving header following a fine Ed Wheatley cross.
Ladyman had to make two more superb saves to keep Colney ahead and late in the game the Blueboys ran in two goals to make it 4-1.
Mitchell and Cain Davey worked the ball to Jermaine Davey who drilled a fine shot home for 3-1.
The best goal of the game was saved to last as debutant Josh Humbert who had only been on the pitch for a minute curled a beautiful shot into the top corner after Lee Benning and Cain Davey had set up the shooting chance.
London Colney: Ladyman, Benning, McCafferty, Dickie, Gorrell, Shaw, Haylock (Mitchell), Beschizza, Danslow (C. Davey), J. Davey (Humbert), Fitzgerald. Unused subs: Bindley, Murphy.
Today (Tuesday) London Colney host Royston Town at Cotlandswick. The Blueboys then face Hatfield Town in what should be a thrilling clash at Cotlandswick in the FA Carlsberg VASE FIRST ROUND QUALIFYING on Saturday.