Blueboys come from behind to see off Hertford
Herts Charity Shield Quarter Final Hertford Town 2 London Colney 4 The Blueboys came from behind twice to beat Premier Division side Hertford Town in the quarter finals of the Herts Charity Shield. Attila Korsoveczki put Hertford ahead after 10 minutes wh
Herts Charity Shield Quarter Final
Hertford Town 2 London Colney 4
The Blueboys came from behind twice to beat Premier Division side Hertford Town in the quarter finals of the Herts Charity Shield.
Attila Korsoveczki put Hertford ahead after 10 minutes when he tucked away Lee Roberts' cross.
For Colney, David Parkinson's cross found Frankie Jowle at the far post but his shot was pushed around the post by Lee Robinson.
The Blueboys included debutant Bobby Armstrong and he made a timely tackle to deny Rob Luya.
- 1 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 2 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 3 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 4 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 5 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 Tough mother Jenny giving back to Bone Cancer Research
- 8 St Albans SustFest kicks off in style
- 9 Six Bells shock Skew Bridge to lift Herts Ad Knockout Cup
- 10 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
Parkinson saw a diving header saved by Robinson before Colney drew level in the 29th minute.
Jowle's free kick caused havoc in the Town defence and Josh Humbert was on hand to stab the ball home following a goalmouth scramble.
Danny Fitzgerald should have put the Blueboys ahead but his shot was off target and on the stroke of half time Hertford regained the lead.
Kevin Cooper's cross found Korsoveczki at the far post who headed past Whittamore.
Their lead lasted all of two minutes though as they failed to clear their lines after Parkinson's shot came back off the bar and Gary Simmonds was on hand to fire past Robinson.
The Blueboys took the lead for the first time four minutes after the interval when Parkinson flicked on Dave Corran's cross for Simmonds to fire home his second goal of the game.
The visitors rounded off the win with a fourth goal in the 90th minute when Parkinson fired home after Jowle's corner hadn't been cleared.
The home side's misery was further compounded when Daryl Mitchell was red carded.
London Colney: Whittamore, Armstrong (Dickie), Corran, Murphy, Paradise, Fitzgerald (Benning), Jowle, Humbert, Parkinson, Simmonds (Magwood), Gallagher. Sub not used: Hill.