Blueboys come from behind to see off Hertford
Herts Charity Shield Quarter Final Hertford Town 2 London Colney 4 The Blueboys came from behind twice to beat Premier Division side Hertford Town in the quarter finals of the Herts Charity Shield. Attila Korsoveczki put Hertford ahead after 10 minutes wh
Herts Charity Shield Quarter Final
Hertford Town 2 London Colney 4
The Blueboys came from behind twice to beat Premier Division side Hertford Town in the quarter finals of the Herts Charity Shield.
Attila Korsoveczki put Hertford ahead after 10 minutes when he tucked away Lee Roberts' cross.
You may also want to watch:
For Colney, David Parkinson's cross found Frankie Jowle at the far post but his shot was pushed around the post by Lee Robinson.
The Blueboys included debutant Bobby Armstrong and he made a timely tackle to deny Rob Luya.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 8 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
Parkinson saw a diving header saved by Robinson before Colney drew level in the 29th minute.
Jowle's free kick caused havoc in the Town defence and Josh Humbert was on hand to stab the ball home following a goalmouth scramble.
Danny Fitzgerald should have put the Blueboys ahead but his shot was off target and on the stroke of half time Hertford regained the lead.
Kevin Cooper's cross found Korsoveczki at the far post who headed past Whittamore.
Their lead lasted all of two minutes though as they failed to clear their lines after Parkinson's shot came back off the bar and Gary Simmonds was on hand to fire past Robinson.
The Blueboys took the lead for the first time four minutes after the interval when Parkinson flicked on Dave Corran's cross for Simmonds to fire home his second goal of the game.
The visitors rounded off the win with a fourth goal in the 90th minute when Parkinson fired home after Jowle's corner hadn't been cleared.
The home side's misery was further compounded when Daryl Mitchell was red carded.
London Colney: Whittamore, Armstrong (Dickie), Corran, Murphy, Paradise, Fitzgerald (Benning), Jowle, Humbert, Parkinson, Simmonds (Magwood), Gallagher. Sub not used: Hill.