Blueboys appoint Townsend
New manager in place at Cotlandswick
DAVE TOWNSEND has been appointed the new manager of London Colney.
Townsend has been looking after the first team since Julian Robinson left the club earlier this season and will be assisted by Frank Patrick at Cotlandswick.
Townsend oversaw his first victory as Blueboys boss on Saturday as they came from behind to beat lowly Cranfield United.
The visitors took the lead as early as the fifth minute when Max Risby turned the ball home following Alex Smith’s free kick.
You may also want to watch:
The Blueboys drew level on 30 minutes when Dave Parkinson was fouled on the edge of the area and Greg Shaw stepped up to curl the free kick home.
The visitors were given the chance to restore their lead just before the interval when Russell Gallagher was penalised for a nudge on Tariq Kotey and Risby gratefully accepted the offer to net from the spot.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
The lead didn’t last long though as Colney were awarded a penalty of their own. James Brown handled Frankie Jowle’s corner and Sam Mitchell stepped up to send the ‘keeper the wrong way.
With an hour gone the Blueboys edged ahead for the first time in the match when Danny Fitzgerald found the bottom corner of the net and seven minutes later it was 4-2 when Parkinson fired home.
Colney: Seidu, Hull, McCafferty, Paradise, Thompson, Shaw, Jowle (Deacon), Mitchell, Fitzgerald (Parratt), Parkinson, Gallagher. Subs not used: Murphy, Townsend.
* The Reserves lost 2-0 away to Hadley while London Colney Blues beat Bushey Rangers 3-0. The goals came from Jay Muskett, Ricky Farmer and an own goal with Eamon Rogers Man of the Match.
The A team lost 2-0 to Global.