Blueboys appoint Townsend
New manager in place at Cotlandswick
DAVE TOWNSEND has been appointed the new manager of London Colney.
Townsend has been looking after the first team since Julian Robinson left the club earlier this season and will be assisted by Frank Patrick at Cotlandswick.
Townsend oversaw his first victory as Blueboys boss on Saturday as they came from behind to beat lowly Cranfield United.
The visitors took the lead as early as the fifth minute when Max Risby turned the ball home following Alex Smith’s free kick.
You may also want to watch:
The Blueboys drew level on 30 minutes when Dave Parkinson was fouled on the edge of the area and Greg Shaw stepped up to curl the free kick home.
The visitors were given the chance to restore their lead just before the interval when Russell Gallagher was penalised for a nudge on Tariq Kotey and Risby gratefully accepted the offer to net from the spot.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 6 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 No cars mean children can play out in streets
The lead didn’t last long though as Colney were awarded a penalty of their own. James Brown handled Frankie Jowle’s corner and Sam Mitchell stepped up to send the ‘keeper the wrong way.
With an hour gone the Blueboys edged ahead for the first time in the match when Danny Fitzgerald found the bottom corner of the net and seven minutes later it was 4-2 when Parkinson fired home.
Colney: Seidu, Hull, McCafferty, Paradise, Thompson, Shaw, Jowle (Deacon), Mitchell, Fitzgerald (Parratt), Parkinson, Gallagher. Subs not used: Murphy, Townsend.
* The Reserves lost 2-0 away to Hadley while London Colney Blues beat Bushey Rangers 3-0. The goals came from Jay Muskett, Ricky Farmer and an own goal with Eamon Rogers Man of the Match.
The A team lost 2-0 to Global.