Blueboys and Magpies rise to the Challenge
London Colney and Colney Heath are through to round two of the Challenge Trophy.
The Magpies set up a second round tie at home against Buckingham Athletic after beating Welwyn Garden City 5-2 on Tuesday night.
Aaron Clarke gave Heath a seventh minute lead but two goals in six minutes saw them fall behind. The first-half scoring was far from done, though, as Matt Standen fired the Magpies level before an own goal put them in front. Clarke then doubled his tally as Heath turned around 4-2 up.
Soon after the break, WGC were reduced to 10 and, to rub salt into the wound, they had another player sent off after Josh Bronti had wrapped up the victory with his fifth goal of the season.
The Blueboys edged past Crawley Green thanks to a single Shaun Murphy goal. They will entertain Risborough Rangers in round two.
You may also want to watch:
Both ties are scheduled to be played on Tuesday, November 18.
Harpenden, on the other hand, are out after losing 3-0 to Arlesey Town Reserves.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?