Blue Square South midweek round-up
EASTLEIGH bounced back from their defeat at Clarence Park on Saturday with a 6-1 mauling of Bromley on Tuesday night. Andy Forbes put the Spitfires on their way with the opener in the ninth minute before Bromley drew level in the 23rd minute through Willi
EASTLEIGH bounced back from their defeat at Clarence Park on Saturday with a 6-1 mauling of Bromley on Tuesday night.
Andy Forbes put the Spitfires on their way with the opener in the ninth minute before Bromley drew level in the 23rd minute through Williams.
Jamie Brown restored Eastleigh's lead and Tom Jordan added a third before the break. Forbes netted a second nine minutes after the break and Peter Adeniyi and Aaron Martin completed the rout.
Bishop's Stortford and Staines shared four goals at Woodside Park. Duane Jackman put the Herts side ahead but they were pegged back by Elliot Onochie. Ashley Nicholls' put Stortford ahead again by Staines secured a point thanks to Howard Newton's 62nd minute effort.
You may also want to watch:
Hampton & Richmond Borough left it late to secure a point against table-toppers Braintree Town with Stuart Lake grabbing a 90th minute equaliser to secure a 2-2 draw.
Weymouth also left it late to end their run of poor form with Obaze's 89th minute goal equalising Stafford Palmer's opener for Maidnehead.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
Dorchester and Newport failed to score as they settled for a 0-0 draw while Weston-super-Mare and Woking drew 1-1.
In Monday's big clash, Chelmsford and Dover couldn't be separated as Dave Rainford's second half penalty cancelled out Olly Schulz first half header.
Manny Williams scored twice for Havant & Waterlooville as they drew 2-2 with Bath City and Worcester City and Basingstoke took a point each after a 1-1 draw at St George's Lane.
St Albans City's next opponents Lewes warmed up for their trip to Clarence Park on Saturday with a draw at home to Thurrock last night (Wednesday).
Dan Beck gave the Rooks the lead in the 11th minute but Leon Lalite's levelled five minutes later.