Blue Square South midweek round-up
EASTLEIGH bounced back from their defeat at Clarence Park on Saturday with a 6-1 mauling of Bromley on Tuesday night. Andy Forbes put the Spitfires on their way with the opener in the ninth minute before Bromley drew level in the 23rd minute through Willi
EASTLEIGH bounced back from their defeat at Clarence Park on Saturday with a 6-1 mauling of Bromley on Tuesday night.
Andy Forbes put the Spitfires on their way with the opener in the ninth minute before Bromley drew level in the 23rd minute through Williams.
Jamie Brown restored Eastleigh's lead and Tom Jordan added a third before the break. Forbes netted a second nine minutes after the break and Peter Adeniyi and Aaron Martin completed the rout.
Bishop's Stortford and Staines shared four goals at Woodside Park. Duane Jackman put the Herts side ahead but they were pegged back by Elliot Onochie. Ashley Nicholls' put Stortford ahead again by Staines secured a point thanks to Howard Newton's 62nd minute effort.
You may also want to watch:
Hampton & Richmond Borough left it late to secure a point against table-toppers Braintree Town with Stuart Lake grabbing a 90th minute equaliser to secure a 2-2 draw.
Weymouth also left it late to end their run of poor form with Obaze's 89th minute goal equalising Stafford Palmer's opener for Maidnehead.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
Dorchester and Newport failed to score as they settled for a 0-0 draw while Weston-super-Mare and Woking drew 1-1.
In Monday's big clash, Chelmsford and Dover couldn't be separated as Dave Rainford's second half penalty cancelled out Olly Schulz first half header.
Manny Williams scored twice for Havant & Waterlooville as they drew 2-2 with Bath City and Worcester City and Basingstoke took a point each after a 1-1 draw at St George's Lane.
St Albans City's next opponents Lewes warmed up for their trip to Clarence Park on Saturday with a draw at home to Thurrock last night (Wednesday).
Dan Beck gave the Rooks the lead in the 11th minute but Leon Lalite's levelled five minutes later.