Blue Square South fixtures due tomorrow
The Football Conference has bought forward the release date to Thursday
THIS coming season’s Blue Square Bet South fixtures will be announced tomorrow (Thursday), four days ahead of the planned date.
St Albans City find out who they will face on the opening day of the season when the fixtures are released at 3pm on the Football Conference’s official website.
The fixtures were due to be released on Monday but the Conference has decided to bring their release forward.
A statement on its website said: “It was originally anticipated the release of fixtures would take place on Monday, July 5, but as most football supporters will now have a free World Cup weekend, the Football Conference felt it would be prudent to allow fans the opportunity to have them a few days earlier and to look forward to the new season with relish, rather than bemoan England having already returned home from South Africa.”
You may also want to watch:
The new campaign kicks off on Saturday, August 14.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 6 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 9 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 10 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction