Blake Vivian takes third in inaugral half marathon
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders turned out in force for the opening fixture of the local Sunday Cross Country League at Cheshunt on Sunday.
The five mile course was relatively easy underfoot and Tom Crouch finished in fourth place, followed by Steve Buckle in ninth, Andy Auld (14th), Adam Dunajko (21st), Gary Warren 22nd), Ed Blake (27th), Joe Dunn (28th) and Cathal Gallagher (31st).
The Striders’ ladies team comprised Claire Kremer, Jen Conway, Mercedes Getino, Leda Cox and Deirdre Heydecker.
Striders were also contesting the Rickmansworth 10 mile race. The first Strider to finish was Mark Castleton, eighth in 1hr 2mins 4secs, followed by Martin Whitworth (12th in 1:03.23), Steve Smith (32nd in 1:08.23).
Heather Blamire-Brown was fourth lady in 1hr 9mins 45secs. Also running were Wendy Walsh (1:15.30), Andrew Maher (1:17.52), Ben Scott (1:19.41), Clare Hewitt (1:22.09), Peter Rogers (1:26.58), Joanna Bateman (1: 45.37).
In the inaugural Luton Half Marathon, Blake Vivian finished third in 1hr 19mins 45secs followed by Ben Shute (1:28.51), Anthony Nicolson (1:34.30), Sarah-Jayne Stephens (1:57.23) and Dawn Robson (2:12.22)
Further afield, Graham Smith completed the 10-mile Great South Run in 1hr 2mins 41secs. Edward Bailey ran the North Norfolk 10k in 41mins 58secs. Jack Brooks was first over 60 in the Canadian Moncton marathon in 3hrs 46mins.
- 1 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Married at First Sight: St Albans' Whitney wants to walk down the aisle
- 3 Car and moped crash in St Albans
- 4 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 5 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
- 6 Could community banking hub open in Harpenden?
- 7 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
A team of three Striders, Wendy Webster, Lucy Waterlow and Gill Jubb, were joined by Garden City Runner Martha Hall to finish second ladies team in the Frankfurt Marathon Relay in 2hrs 55mins 26secs.