Bishop’s Stortford get promotion despite Harpenden’s best efforts
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden were unable to prevent Bishop’s Stortford from gaining promotion from East League Division Two South as they fell to a 5-2 loss in east Herts.
The first game between the two had seen Harpenden hand their hosts one of just three defeats this season but it never looked like they could do the double in this encounter.
An early injury to Ali Barrett early on didn’t help and they were under the cosh for most of the first period, turning round 2-0 down.
That soon became 5-0 but Harpenden were still creating chances themselves with Harry Kneale and Tom Bleakley both going close.
And their great team spirit did finally produce two goals, Dave Falk getting the first from a penalty corner before Kneale finish off a crisp passing move.
You may also want to watch:
They remain fifth with fourth-placed Hertford the visitors to Queenswood on Saturday as the pair chase the remaining two promotion places.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters