Bishop’s Stortford get promotion despite Harpenden’s best efforts
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden were unable to prevent Bishop’s Stortford from gaining promotion from East League Division Two South as they fell to a 5-2 loss in east Herts.
The first game between the two had seen Harpenden hand their hosts one of just three defeats this season but it never looked like they could do the double in this encounter.
An early injury to Ali Barrett early on didn’t help and they were under the cosh for most of the first period, turning round 2-0 down.
That soon became 5-0 but Harpenden were still creating chances themselves with Harry Kneale and Tom Bleakley both going close.
And their great team spirit did finally produce two goals, Dave Falk getting the first from a penalty corner before Kneale finish off a crisp passing move.
You may also want to watch:
They remain fifth with fourth-placed Hertford the visitors to Queenswood on Saturday as the pair chase the remaining two promotion places.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans