Bishop’s Stortford deliver knockout blow as St Albans City lose on Boxing Day
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City’s undefeated run under caretaker manager Harry Wheeler came to an end at Bishop’s Stortford.
Recent signing, Ed Oshodi, cancelled out a Kieron Bywater effort, which crept in past Joe Welch on 54 minutes.
Oshodi, who started at right back after Ben Nunn was recalled from his loan deal by parent club Boreham Wood, emerged through a clutch of players to nod home a James Comley corner.
But an Anthony Church header 13 minutes from time gave Stortford the spoils and ended the promising start to Wheeler’s reign.
The caretaker will hope for a reaction when Saints take on Chelmsford City tomorrow (Monday) at Clarence Park.
Kick-off is at 3pm.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 6 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 7 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 8 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 9 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 10 MP condemns government over BBC threat