Bishop’s Stortford deliver knockout blow as St Albans City lose on Boxing Day
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City’s undefeated run under caretaker manager Harry Wheeler came to an end at Bishop’s Stortford.
Recent signing, Ed Oshodi, cancelled out a Kieron Bywater effort, which crept in past Joe Welch on 54 minutes.
Oshodi, who started at right back after Ben Nunn was recalled from his loan deal by parent club Boreham Wood, emerged through a clutch of players to nod home a James Comley corner.
But an Anthony Church header 13 minutes from time gave Stortford the spoils and ended the promising start to Wheeler’s reign.
The caretaker will hope for a reaction when Saints take on Chelmsford City tomorrow (Monday) at Clarence Park.
You may also want to watch:
Kick-off is at 3pm.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25