Billericay up next for St Albans City in FA Trophy if they beat Harrogate Town in a replay
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City will face cash-laden Billericay Town in the last 16 of the FA Trophy – providing they can get past Harrogate Town in their replay.
Billericay have been one of the stories of the non-league season, as they battle for promotion from the Bostik League Premier Division.
The Blues, who boast the likes of Jermaine Pennant and Jamie O’Hara in their squad, have plenty of links with Saints, with former City boss Harry Wheeler the assistant manager.
They beat Stourbridge 3-2 on Saturday to progress.
Tom Bender’s second-half header meant Saints were just 25 seconds away from securing their place in the third round of the competition.
But that was before a short clearance was pumped back into the box for Joe Leesley to finish.
The two sides meet again at Wetherby Road tomorrow night (Tuesday).
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 8 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 9 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 10 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
Should they get through City will be just four games from Wembley and only two from two-legged semi-final.
FA Trophy third round draw in full:
ST ALBANS CITY or Harrogate Town v Billericay Town
Maidstone United v Gateshead or Boreham Wood
Maidenhead United v Kidderminster Harriers or Stockport County
Wealdstone v Ebbsfleet United or Warrington Town
Brackley Town or Barrow v Sutton United
Dover Athletic v Leyton Orient
Spennymoor Town v East Thurrock United
Weston-super-Mare or Workington v Bromley