Billericay up next for St Albans City in FA Trophy if they beat Harrogate Town in a replay
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City will face cash-laden Billericay Town in the last 16 of the FA Trophy – providing they can get past Harrogate Town in their replay.
Billericay have been one of the stories of the non-league season, as they battle for promotion from the Bostik League Premier Division.
The Blues, who boast the likes of Jermaine Pennant and Jamie O’Hara in their squad, have plenty of links with Saints, with former City boss Harry Wheeler the assistant manager.
They beat Stourbridge 3-2 on Saturday to progress.
Tom Bender’s second-half header meant Saints were just 25 seconds away from securing their place in the third round of the competition.
You may also want to watch:
But that was before a short clearance was pumped back into the box for Joe Leesley to finish.
The two sides meet again at Wetherby Road tomorrow night (Tuesday).
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
Should they get through City will be just four games from Wembley and only two from two-legged semi-final.
FA Trophy third round draw in full:
ST ALBANS CITY or Harrogate Town v Billericay Town
Maidstone United v Gateshead or Boreham Wood
Maidenhead United v Kidderminster Harriers or Stockport County
Wealdstone v Ebbsfleet United or Warrington Town
Brackley Town or Barrow v Sutton United
Dover Athletic v Leyton Orient
Spennymoor Town v East Thurrock United
Weston-super-Mare or Workington v Bromley