Bigham crowned Open champion
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Harry Bigham from Redbourn Golf Club has beaten nearly 150 competitors in an international field, to be crowned U14 boys’ Open Amateur Stroke Play champion.
The 14-year-old was the only player to finish below par in the annual 54-hole tournament, concluding the event three under on 213, three strokes clear of his closest rivals, Tadeas Tetak from Slovakia and Thomas Boulanger from France.
The four-handicapper from Redbourn not only picks up the coveted Reid Trophy, but also earns an automatic entry into the 2015 England U16 Boys’ Championship.
Ian McDowell, General Manager at Redbourn Golf Club said: “Harry is part of a very active junior section at Redbourn and his remarkable achievement is a testament to the dedication of our junior organiser Mark Knight, as well as head professional Steve Hunter and his team.
“On behalf of everyone at Redbourn, I’d like to congratulate Harry on his win and we look forward to cheering him on next year at the England Boys Under 16 Championship.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the junior section at Redbourn Golf Club visit www.redbournegolfclub.co.uk or call: 01582 793493
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan