Big win for Radlett
HCPL Division One Radlett 320-2 beat Farnham Royal 192 by 128 runs TOM JENKINS and skipper Shane Burger did the damage as Radlett recorded a crushing victory over Farnham Royal. After being asked to bat by the visitors and having lost openers Leo Sandino-
HCPL Division One
Radlett 320-2 beat Farnham Royal 192 by 128 runs
TOM JENKINS and skipper Shane Burger did the damage as Radlett recorded a crushing victory over Farnham Royal.
After being asked to bat by the visitors and having lost openers Leo Sandino-Taylor (0) and Kabir Toor (20) early the duo came in and took the game away from their opponents with an all-out onslaught on the bowling attack.
Boundaries were plentiful, as the pair put on 273 for the third wicket, Jenkins contributing 151no and Burger chipping in with 122no .
This allowed Burger to declare at the end of the 57th over with his side on 320-2.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 5 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 9 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school
Burger and Heath Paynter opened the bowling after the interval and it was Paynter who made the intitial breakthrough removing opener Simpson for 22 before Toor and Robbie Crocker took over.
Crocker was the star man with the ball claiming 5-51 including Farnham's top scorer Warren Miller (53).
Toor made up for missing out with the bat to pick up four wickets, as the visitors were all out for 192, giving Radlett a 128-run win.
The win means Radlett move up in to fourth place as the season passes the half-way mark.
The result is also a timely boost for the club as they welcome league-leaders Henley to Cobden Hill this weekend in what looks set to be a mouth-watering contest.
l A superb 68no from opener Andre Sharma helped Radlett II to a five wicket win over Bishop's Stortford II.
The home side batted first but were pegged back by some good bowling from Radlett, with Johnson Mafa finishing with 3-43.
John Barr chipped in with 2-38 and Stuart Browne taking 1-38.
Amazingly there were three run-outs at the end of the Stortford innings as they finished on 159-9.
Radlett lost Nick Fielden (14), David Robinson (23) and Barr (1) before James Lewis steadied the ship with 28.
When Lewis fell, Lee Fortis took over adding 14 before he was run out. Thankfully for Radlett Sharma was still plugging away at the other end and he and Ian Edwards (2) saw the Cobden Hill outfit home.