Big victories for Radlett and Harpenden in Saracens Premier Division
- Credit: Archant
Radlett and Harpenden both picked up victories in the SHCL Premier Division to march up the table.
Radlett’s win, in the first timed games of the year, came against Letchworth while Harpenden also won at home against Bishop’s Stortford.
Radlett’s win was hugely impressive. Having bowled Letchworth out for 230, partly thanks to 5-48 from Kurtlyn Mannikam, their two openers, Fraser Crawford and Tom Jenkins, stole the show.
The pair carried their bats as Radlett finished 234-0. Crawford’s 109 was just edged out by Jenkins’ 114.
Harpenden’s victory was equally noteworthy.
You may also want to watch:
Stortford elected to bat at The Common but were bowled out for 217.
Richard Darwin had the best figures with 5-52 but Ben Frazer wasn’t far behind with 4-54.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 4 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
And in reply Gregg Cooper (94*) and Ben Clements (79*) saw them across the line for a nine-wicket win.