Big victories for Radlett and Harpenden in Saracens Premier Division
- Credit: Archant
Radlett and Harpenden both picked up victories in the SHCL Premier Division to march up the table.
Radlett’s win, in the first timed games of the year, came against Letchworth while Harpenden also won at home against Bishop’s Stortford.
Radlett’s win was hugely impressive. Having bowled Letchworth out for 230, partly thanks to 5-48 from Kurtlyn Mannikam, their two openers, Fraser Crawford and Tom Jenkins, stole the show.
The pair carried their bats as Radlett finished 234-0. Crawford’s 109 was just edged out by Jenkins’ 114.
Harpenden’s victory was equally noteworthy.
You may also want to watch:
Stortford elected to bat at The Common but were bowled out for 217.
Richard Darwin had the best figures with 5-52 but Ben Frazer wasn’t far behind with 4-54.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
And in reply Gregg Cooper (94*) and Ben Clements (79*) saw them across the line for a nine-wicket win.