Big victories for Radlett and Harpenden in Saracens Premier Division
- Credit: Archant
Radlett and Harpenden both picked up victories in the SHCL Premier Division to march up the table.
Radlett’s win, in the first timed games of the year, came against Letchworth while Harpenden also won at home against Bishop’s Stortford.
Radlett’s win was hugely impressive. Having bowled Letchworth out for 230, partly thanks to 5-48 from Kurtlyn Mannikam, their two openers, Fraser Crawford and Tom Jenkins, stole the show.
The pair carried their bats as Radlett finished 234-0. Crawford’s 109 was just edged out by Jenkins’ 114.
Harpenden’s victory was equally noteworthy.
Stortford elected to bat at The Common but were bowled out for 217.
Richard Darwin had the best figures with 5-52 but Ben Frazer wasn’t far behind with 4-54.
- 1 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 2 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 3 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 6 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 7 St Albans Beer and Cider Festival set to return after two years
- 8 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
- 9 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 10 Remembering 'Mr Harpenden' - the indomitable Michael Weaver
And in reply Gregg Cooper (94*) and Ben Clements (79*) saw them across the line for a nine-wicket win.