Big day out for Arrows at Wheathampstead 10k and Liverpool Marathon events
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Arrows were strongly represented at the Wheathampstead 10k and Liverpool Marathon events at the weekend.
A contingent of 28 Arrows runners tackled the route between Wheathampstead and Brocket Hall in glorious sunshine, led home by Justin Busby in 38 minutes 33 seconds for eighth place.
Busby, who has been training for the Wainwright coast-to-coast run, said: “I wasn’t really sure if it’d go okay as I haven’t done much shorter-distance stuff recently.”
The second Arrow home was Ammon Piepgrass in 40:16 followed by James Izzard in 40:35.
Meanwhile, a team of Arrows made the trip to Liverpool for marathon, half and 5k events.
You may also want to watch:
Anita White finished the marathon in 3:58, Louisa Thomson 4:30, Stephen McKee 4:52, Annette Alleyne 4:54 and Lauren Amond 5:26.
Emily Shone managed 1:51 in the half, with June Rowlands home in 2:52.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 10 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
Steve Mowles ran 28:43 in the 5K.