Better start needed demands coach Ryan as Oaklands Wolves lose to Manchester Mystics
- Credit: Archant
A horror show in the first quarter at home to Manchester Mystics proved decisive as Oaklands Wolves lost 82-61 in the WBBL.
The home side ended up 17 points adrift after those opening 10 minutes.
And the frustrations for head coach Lee Ryan will be that bar that spell, the new-look Wolves side showed they were more than a match for one of the league’s in-form teams.
He said: “I’ve seen a difference in recent weeks but it goes without saying that we have to start better.
“The team have fight and ability but we have to stop giving ourselves such a mountain to climb.
You may also want to watch:
“When we do that consistently we can then start to take some victories.”
And as if to prove how tough the league is, Wolves face another tough road game on Saturday when they go to Sheffield Hatters.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 8 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
They are back at Oaklands Sportszone on December 15 when they host Essex Rebels.