Boss expecting better from Colney Heath Ladies in FA Cup rematch with Royston Town
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath Ladies want a much better performance when they host Royston Town in the Women’s FA Cup on Sunday after losing 4-1 to the Crows in the league.
They conceded two in the first half and despite strong words at the break, it was 3-0 before Samiara Khan pulled one back with 12 minutes to go.
Even then though it wasn't the end of the scoring as Royston bagged a fourth and to cap a miserable day for the Lady Magpies, defender Kelly Glynn was stretchered off with a suspected ankle break.
Manager Paul Gleeson said: "Royston are a very good side and deserved the win but we offered very little in resistance and I'm really disappointed to surrender our unbeaten record in such a fashion.
"We will be working hard to ensure we are better prepared for our FA cup encounter.
You may also want to watch:
"One highlight though was debutant Leah Montenegro, who gave us everything and looked classy on the ball.
"She is a more than welcome addition to the squad."
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 4 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden