Berg in fine form for Middlesex
GARETH Berg took four wickets for Middlesex County Cricket Club against Surrey in the Friends Provident Trophy on Sunday. The Radlett star picked up 4-50 from seven overs as Surrey were dismissed for 248 and Middlesex won by 58 runs at the Brit Oval.
GARETH Berg took four wickets for Middlesex County Cricket Club against Surrey in the Friends Provident Trophy on Sunday.
The Radlett star picked up 4-50 from seven overs as Surrey were dismissed for 248 and Middlesex won by 58 runs at the Brit Oval.
Berg has been selected in a 12 man Middlesex CCC squad has been announced for their upcoming LVCC match against Glamorgan CCC beginning tomorrow, Wednesday 23rd April, at Lord's.
Radlett's schoolboy opening batsman Kabir Toor has returned from a fortnight in Bombay improving his leg-spin bowling before his club season starts on Saturday. Toor has represented England Under-17 and has been given a full two-year contract by Middlesex after his young player of the year award at Lord's last season. His wrist-spin leaves Radlett captain Shane Burger spoilt for choice alongside off-spinner Robbie Crocker and two new top-class arrivals this year -- Paul Barker, the Hertfordshire left-armer, and Atul Sachdeva, a former England Under-19 leg-spinner.
Toor, who will be 18 on April 30, and Radlett team-mate Gareth Berg have become full-time professionals at Middlesex, though Toor will have to complete his A Levels at John Lyon School in Harrow before taking up his cricket career.
The Radlett Second team start their Herts League Division Two campaign with a home match against Watford Town on Saturday, May 3. New captain Nick Fielden leads a strong looking side and Burger's all-rounder colleague at Gauteng, Richard Cameron, has started his schools coaching work in Hertsmere and will play second-team cricket owing to league restrictions on overseas players. An unexpected addition to the attack of Heath Paynter and Cameron could be John Barr, a British passport-holding Natal Under-19 left-arm seamer, due in England on a working holiday.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 7 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead