Berg agrees new Middlesex deal
All-rounder agrees new two-year contract
RADLETT favourite Gareth Berg has signed a two-year contract extension with Middlesex.
Berg, who has scored 1,667 runs and taken 86 wickets at an avergae of 16.6 for Radlett, has cemented himself in the county’s first XI emerging as an all-rounder of genuine quality.
Middlesex director of cricket Angus Fraser was delighted that Berg has extended his stay with the club.
“When I returned to Middlesex CCC in February 2009, in many people’s eyes the jury was out on Gareth,” Fraser told the club’s official website. “But over the past season and a half he has become one of the country’s leading all-rounders. He holds a pivotal role in our side and when Gareth plays well we tend to. The most encouraging thing is that Gareth is getting better all the time and there is still plenty more to come.”
You may also want to watch:
Because of his commitments with Middlesex, Berg hasn’t featured for Radlett this season.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters