Belstone take top spot
Harrow Sunday Challenge League Belstone 2 Pinner 2002 0 Pinner 2002 1 Belstone 5 BELSTONE moved to the top of the table for the first time this season after winning both games in a double header against Pinner 2002 on Sunday.
Harrow Sunday Challenge League
Belstone 2 Pinner 2002 0
Pinner 2002 1 Belstone 5
BELSTONE moved to the top of the table for the first time this season after winning both games in a double header against Pinner 2002 on Sunday.
Striker Steve Quinn, linking up well with Dan Cornoc scored both goals for the Radlett side in the first game, before a recurrence of his ankle injury that has restricted his appearances in recent weeks forced him out of the second match.
James Smithson played well in midfield, allowing Belstone to keep the ball at ease and give Pinner the run around.
- 1 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 2 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 3 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 4 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 5 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 6 St Albans Pub Pride: Why we need to tackle monkeypox prejudice
- 7 St Albans skatepark inviting newcomers to join community
- 8 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 9 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 10 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
Manager Joe Sheridan was able to make four changes for the start of the second game to freshen things up, bringing in Nick Turner and John Beschizza into centre of midfield.
Turner netted the opener with a header and then lobbed home the second after latching on to Mark Blackburne's through ball.
Belstone kept possession well and Giles Arthur killed the game off, tapping in after the goalkeeper fumbled a deep cross.
Blackburne scored an impressive goal, beating two defenders with his chest control, before an acutely-angled finish and Matt Cole rounded off the scoring before Pinner got a consolation. The final score was 5-1 to Belstone.
The Radlett outfit took on their only remaining title rivals, Broadfields Harrow, away on Wednesday night as they continued their pursuit of a clean sweep of Harrow Sunday Challenge League titles.