Belstone take top spot
Harrow Sunday Challenge League Belstone 2 Pinner 2002 0 Pinner 2002 1 Belstone 5 BELSTONE moved to the top of the table for the first time this season after winning both games in a double header against Pinner 2002 on Sunday.
Harrow Sunday Challenge League
Belstone 2 Pinner 2002 0
Pinner 2002 1 Belstone 5
BELSTONE moved to the top of the table for the first time this season after winning both games in a double header against Pinner 2002 on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Striker Steve Quinn, linking up well with Dan Cornoc scored both goals for the Radlett side in the first game, before a recurrence of his ankle injury that has restricted his appearances in recent weeks forced him out of the second match.
James Smithson played well in midfield, allowing Belstone to keep the ball at ease and give Pinner the run around.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
Manager Joe Sheridan was able to make four changes for the start of the second game to freshen things up, bringing in Nick Turner and John Beschizza into centre of midfield.
Turner netted the opener with a header and then lobbed home the second after latching on to Mark Blackburne's through ball.
Belstone kept possession well and Giles Arthur killed the game off, tapping in after the goalkeeper fumbled a deep cross.
Blackburne scored an impressive goal, beating two defenders with his chest control, before an acutely-angled finish and Matt Cole rounded off the scoring before Pinner got a consolation. The final score was 5-1 to Belstone.
The Radlett outfit took on their only remaining title rivals, Broadfields Harrow, away on Wednesday night as they continued their pursuit of a clean sweep of Harrow Sunday Challenge League titles.