Belstone hit Rangers for four
Herts Senior County League Division One Belstone 4 Walkern Rangers 0 BELSTONE made it three out of three, with another win over lowly Walkern Rangers. With six of the previous starting line up unavailable, manager Joe Sheridan turned to a mixture of vete
Herts Senior County League Division One
Belstone 4 Walkern Rangers 0
BELSTONE made it three out of three, with another win over lowly Walkern Rangers.
With six of the previous starting line up unavailable, manager Joe Sheridan turned to a mixture of veterans and youth.
You may also want to watch:
After a promising start, Belstone hit an early setback when wide midfielder Michael Mason took a funny turn and had to be replaced by Mark Starnes.
Striker Jake Weise was guilty of missing some early chances created by some well placed through balls from midfield and in form Lee Madison at full back.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
After half an hour Andre White on his first start opened the scoring by smashing home the rebound after a Tom Merritt effort boomeranged off the keeper.
Belstone were in dominant mood but missed further chances with the Walkern keeper making save after save, and they were unhappy going in to the break only one goal to the good.
Five minutes after the re-start Walkern's defensive bubble burst and the advantage was doubled when Michael Quinn smashed home a Paul Yule corner in to the roof of the net.
Minutes later the game was out of sight when George Samples struck home through a mellay of players from another Yule corner.
White and Lee Madison then made way for Damola Oyefusi in midfield and Joe Cherrington at centre back to made their debuts.
Forward Michael Brindley wrapped up proceedings with a fine lob, leaving the on-rushing goalkeeper helpless.
Walkern finished the game without one effort on goal while Quinn had a superb game for Belstone.
The win extends Belstone's goal difference at the top of the table from Bushey Rangers. Belstone travel to Allenburys Sports on Saturday.
Belstone: Fisher, Maddison (Cherrington), Samples, Sheridan (c), Merritt, Quinn, White (Oyefusi), Yule, Weise, Brindley, Mason (Starnes).
Sub not used: Gillespie.