Belgian success for Verulam Reallymoving ahead of the huge challenge of the CiCLE Classic in Rutland
- Credit: Archant
Verulam Reallymoving Racing Team are ready for the biggest race in their short history after picking up a win on the continent.
Team boss Marcel Six was the man who had his arms raised in triumph in Bioul, Belgium, as they prepare to face the challenge of the CiCLE Classic in Rutland, Britain’s premier one-day race.
Verulam were prominent throughout the tough and hilly race in Belgium with first Michael Parry and then Clay Davies on the attack.
Once Davies was caught though it was then the turn of Six who went clear with another two riders.
And in the end it came down to a sprint to the line with the Verulam man just getting his wheel in front.
You may also want to watch:
Davies ended up fourth and Parry in eighth.
Parry and Davies will be joined by Luke Houghton and Paul McGrath in Oakham against some of the biggest names on the British circuit as well as from the rest of Europe.
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 4 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 7 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 8 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 9 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 10 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping