Belgian success for Verulam Reallymoving ahead of the huge challenge of the CiCLE Classic in Rutland
- Credit: Archant
Verulam Reallymoving Racing Team are ready for the biggest race in their short history after picking up a win on the continent.
Team boss Marcel Six was the man who had his arms raised in triumph in Bioul, Belgium, as they prepare to face the challenge of the CiCLE Classic in Rutland, Britain’s premier one-day race.
Verulam were prominent throughout the tough and hilly race in Belgium with first Michael Parry and then Clay Davies on the attack.
Once Davies was caught though it was then the turn of Six who went clear with another two riders.
And in the end it came down to a sprint to the line with the Verulam man just getting his wheel in front.
You may also want to watch:
Davies ended up fourth and Parry in eighth.
Parry and Davies will be joined by Luke Houghton and Paul McGrath in Oakham against some of the biggest names on the British circuit as well as from the rest of Europe.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 7 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Shortages crisis hits district
- 10 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin