Belgian success for Verulam Reallymoving ahead of the huge challenge of the CiCLE Classic in Rutland
- Credit: Archant
Verulam Reallymoving Racing Team are ready for the biggest race in their short history after picking up a win on the continent.
Team boss Marcel Six was the man who had his arms raised in triumph in Bioul, Belgium, as they prepare to face the challenge of the CiCLE Classic in Rutland, Britain’s premier one-day race.
Verulam were prominent throughout the tough and hilly race in Belgium with first Michael Parry and then Clay Davies on the attack.
Once Davies was caught though it was then the turn of Six who went clear with another two riders.
And in the end it came down to a sprint to the line with the Verulam man just getting his wheel in front.
You may also want to watch:
Davies ended up fourth and Parry in eighth.
Parry and Davies will be joined by Luke Houghton and Paul McGrath in Oakham against some of the biggest names on the British circuit as well as from the rest of Europe.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 3 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans