Bedmond hit for six by PSV
Herts Senior County League Premier Division Park Street Village 6 Bedmond 0 STAR striker Matt Newman scored five goals as Park Street Village beat bottom-of-the-table Bedmond 6-0. Newman opened the scoring from the penalty spot after just two minutes to
Herts Senior County League Premier Division
Park Street Village 6 Bedmond 0
STAR striker Matt Newman scored five goals as Park Street Village beat bottom-of-the-table Bedmond 6-0.
Newman opened the scoring from the penalty spot after just two minutes to give PSV the ideal start. Despite having plenty of possession, the home side failed to do much with it as they went into the break with just a one goal lead.
You may also want to watch:
PSV played more directly in the second half and Newman added his second with a header from a Dave Ross cross. This sparked PSV into life and Newman scored three more goals, all from close range. Ross completed the scoring when he raced through the Bedmond defence and stabbed the ball past the visiting 'keeper.
PSV boss Ryan Thompson said: "Fair play to them (Bedmond), they came here and worked hard but they're probably the weakest side we've played in five years. Their goalkeeper was Man of the Match by a million miles.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 10 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
"We brought some of the young lads and fringe players in because we wanted to have a look at them and they've have come in and done well. It was hard to play football as the pitch was very bobbly and we were frustrated at half-time so we went more direct in the second half."
PSV entertain second-placed Codicote in the Senior Centenary Cup this Saturday and Thompson is looking forward to the big occasion. "Saturday's the big one. We're a bit light on the ground as we've been all season as the suspensions and injuries are starting to kick in, but we've got a good squad and we'll give it a go. It's a good time for the club as all three of our senior teams are in the quarter finals of county cups and there's not many clubs who can say that."
Park Street Village: Kerby, Petts, Wright, Seeby, Thompson, Burns, Ruck, Hurst, Massey, Ross, Newman. Subs: McCarthy, Day, Shackell.