Beaumont School top of the class on the hockey pitch
- Credit: Ady Kerry
A team from Beaumont School in St Albans has won the top prize at a school hockey festival.
The sqaud from the Oakwood Drive school came first in the festival held at the Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre.
Captain Scarlett Parkes picked up the trophy.
In total more than 150 children from across London, Hertfordshire and Essex, aged between 11 and 13, to take part in the festival.
And the lucky school were also able to attend a question and answer session hosted by GB star Ashley Jackson.
You may also want to watch:
Jackson is the all-time leading English scorer with over 150 goals and an extraordinary 128 England caps and has recently returned from competing in his third Olympic Games in Rio.
The festival was organised by Lee Valley Regional Park Authority.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 6 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 7 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
Paul Osborn, chairman of the authority, said: “It’s great to see so many young people keen to play this fast-paced sport. The Hockey Schools Festival is a terrific success with young people inspired and fired up by Team GB women’s team winning gold at Rio 2016.”