Beaumont School top of the class on the hockey pitch
- Credit: Ady Kerry
A team from Beaumont School in St Albans has won the top prize at a school hockey festival.
The sqaud from the Oakwood Drive school came first in the festival held at the Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre.
Captain Scarlett Parkes picked up the trophy.
In total more than 150 children from across London, Hertfordshire and Essex, aged between 11 and 13, to take part in the festival.
And the lucky school were also able to attend a question and answer session hosted by GB star Ashley Jackson.
Jackson is the all-time leading English scorer with over 150 goals and an extraordinary 128 England caps and has recently returned from competing in his third Olympic Games in Rio.
The festival was organised by Lee Valley Regional Park Authority.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 3 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 4 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 St Albans named best in the UK for recycling
- 7 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 8 More harsh truths in the St Albans City dressing room as mistakes cost them at Chippenham
- 9 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 Controversial plans to build quarry in Hatfield scrapped
Paul Osborn, chairman of the authority, said: “It’s great to see so many young people keen to play this fast-paced sport. The Hockey Schools Festival is a terrific success with young people inspired and fired up by Team GB women’s team winning gold at Rio 2016.”