Beaumont School top of the class on the hockey pitch
- Credit: Ady Kerry
A team from Beaumont School in St Albans has won the top prize at a school hockey festival.
The sqaud from the Oakwood Drive school came first in the festival held at the Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre.
Captain Scarlett Parkes picked up the trophy.
In total more than 150 children from across London, Hertfordshire and Essex, aged between 11 and 13, to take part in the festival.
And the lucky school were also able to attend a question and answer session hosted by GB star Ashley Jackson.
You may also want to watch:
Jackson is the all-time leading English scorer with over 150 goals and an extraordinary 128 England caps and has recently returned from competing in his third Olympic Games in Rio.
The festival was organised by Lee Valley Regional Park Authority.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
Paul Osborn, chairman of the authority, said: “It’s great to see so many young people keen to play this fast-paced sport. The Hockey Schools Festival is a terrific success with young people inspired and fired up by Team GB women’s team winning gold at Rio 2016.”