Beaumont reach final for third year running
CROSS COUNTRY: A ST ALBANS school is celebrating after its Inter Girls Cross Country Squad qualified for the Schools National Cross Country Final – for a third successive year. The Inter Girls Cross Country Squad from Beaumont school will line up at the
CROSS COUNTRY: A ST ALBANS school is celebrating after its Inter Girls Cross Country Squad qualified for the Schools' National Cross Country Final - for a third successive year.
The Inter Girls Cross Country Squad from Beaumont school will line up at the final which this year takes place at Tretherras School, Newquay on Saturday, December 5.
The competition began in October with over 850 schools across the country entered.
To qualify Beaumont had to compete in the county round at Barnet Copthall Stadium, where they finished first out of 12 teams.
You may also want to watch:
They then ran at the Regional Final at the same venue where only the top three teams would qualify for the National Final.
The team ran extremely well with Izzy Thompson finishing third, Harriet Clifford eighth, Karis Mimms 15th, Steph Lam 31st, Jojo Mills 45th and Rowen Seglah 48th. This meant the team scored 57 points and finished in second place.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 8 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 9 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
For Izzy, Harriet, Karis and Steph this is the third successive year they've reached the National Finals having competed in the Junior event in 2007 at Westminster Lodge and in the Inter age group last year in Leicestershire where they finished in sixth place.
Glenn Stewart, their coach at Beaumont, said: "The team should be extremely proud of their achievements this year and over the last three years and we are confident that they will do well in the finals. Everyone wishes them lots of luck in Newquay.