Beaumont prove county class
BEAUMONT School Year Nine Girls hockey team will represent Hertfordshire after winning the County Championships. The Beaumont side came into the competition with high hopes after winning the County Cup last year
BEAUMONT School Year Nine Girls hockey team will represent Hertfordshire after winning the County Championships.
The Beaumont side came into the competition with high hopes after winning the County Cup last year and finishing runners up in the county seven-a-side competition.
In the group stage, Beaumont scored six goals and conceded none as they recorded three wins to comfortably win their group.
In the semi-final, Beaumont beat National finalists Queenswood School 1-0 to reach the final against Bishop's Stortford College.
You may also want to watch:
Boasting four county players, Bishop's Stortford could be forgiven for feeling confident of the win. The excellent team play of Beaumont school and the great defence of Chloe Haynes, Louise Taylor, Rowan Seglah and Juliet Parker, however prevailed. Goalkeeper Rebecca Tough was not required to make one save. The attacking skills of Lottie Rayburn, Jenny Handley and Anna Connors and the skilful passing and creative play of Jojo Mills, Karis Mimms and Robyn Moore were too much for the opposition.
Beaumont won 1-0 to secure first place and the chance to represent Hertfordshire at the East of England Tournament in November. Mrs Yvonne Powdrell, Head of PE at Beaumont school said: "We are delighted at how well the girls have done. They are a very talented and committed squad and deserve their success. Congratulations to the whole squad on an amazing achievement. We are now looking forward to representing the County at the East of England tournament later this year."
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
Beaumont squad: Karis Mimms, Jojo Mills (c), Louise Taylor, Juliet Parker, Anna Connors, Jenny Handley, Lottie Rayburn, Rowan Seglah, Chloe Haynes, Robyn Moore, Sarah Walker, Sarah Llewelyn, Rebecca Tough, Anshula Mauree Bain.