Beaumont prove county class
BEAUMONT School Year Nine Girls hockey team will represent Hertfordshire after winning the County Championships. The Beaumont side came into the competition with high hopes after winning the County Cup last year
BEAUMONT School Year Nine Girls hockey team will represent Hertfordshire after winning the County Championships.
The Beaumont side came into the competition with high hopes after winning the County Cup last year and finishing runners up in the county seven-a-side competition.
In the group stage, Beaumont scored six goals and conceded none as they recorded three wins to comfortably win their group.
In the semi-final, Beaumont beat National finalists Queenswood School 1-0 to reach the final against Bishop's Stortford College.
You may also want to watch:
Boasting four county players, Bishop's Stortford could be forgiven for feeling confident of the win. The excellent team play of Beaumont school and the great defence of Chloe Haynes, Louise Taylor, Rowan Seglah and Juliet Parker, however prevailed. Goalkeeper Rebecca Tough was not required to make one save. The attacking skills of Lottie Rayburn, Jenny Handley and Anna Connors and the skilful passing and creative play of Jojo Mills, Karis Mimms and Robyn Moore were too much for the opposition.
Beaumont won 1-0 to secure first place and the chance to represent Hertfordshire at the East of England Tournament in November. Mrs Yvonne Powdrell, Head of PE at Beaumont school said: "We are delighted at how well the girls have done. They are a very talented and committed squad and deserve their success. Congratulations to the whole squad on an amazing achievement. We are now looking forward to representing the County at the East of England tournament later this year."
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
Beaumont squad: Karis Mimms, Jojo Mills (c), Louise Taylor, Juliet Parker, Anna Connors, Jenny Handley, Lottie Rayburn, Rowan Seglah, Chloe Haynes, Robyn Moore, Sarah Walker, Sarah Llewelyn, Rebecca Tough, Anshula Mauree Bain.