Beaconsfield hit four to sink Colney
Molten Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division Beaconsfield SYCOB 4 London Colney 0 THE Blueboys were beaten 4-0 away at Premier Division title chasers Beaconsfield SYCOB on Monday. The home side made a swift start and were ahead on two minutes whe
Molten Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division
Beaconsfield SYCOB 4 London Colney 0
THE Blueboys were beaten 4-0 away at Premier Division title chasers Beaconsfield SYCOB on Monday.
The home side made a swift start and were ahead on two minutes when Michael Currie crossed the ball to Stuart Swift who fired in at the far post.
You may also want to watch:
Beaconsfield continued to press and got the second when Swift's corner was deflected into his own net by defender Dave Corran.
A rare Colney attack went unrewarded when Tinashe Jaravaza made a surging run forward and crossed superbly for Tony Caines, who headed over the bar.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
With Dave Townsend on from the bench, the Blueboys began to play some bright football but lacked the cutting edge in attack.
Beaconsfield made Colney pay when Arron Lennon burst into the box and a penalty was awarded against goalkeeper Gary Statham. Swift stepped up and fired home for 3-0.
Cain Davey hit the side netting with a shot before the hosts pressed for a fourth goal. Statham saved from Currie and Lennon, only for Mick Swaysland to turn and drive the ball home in injury time.
London Colney: Statham, Murphy, McCafferty (Benning), Paradise, Swendell, Jaravaza, Mitchell, Butcher (Townsend), Caines (White), Davey, Corran. Unused sub: Doolan.
Goals from Ashley Crowe and Hayden Connell handed London Colney Reserves a 2-1 win away at Hoddesdon Town on Saturday in the Molten Spartan South Midlands League Reserve Division One.