Beaconsfield hit four to sink Colney
Molten Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division Beaconsfield SYCOB 4 London Colney 0 THE Blueboys were beaten 4-0 away at Premier Division title chasers Beaconsfield SYCOB on Monday. The home side made a swift start and were ahead on two minutes whe
Molten Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division
Beaconsfield SYCOB 4 London Colney 0
THE Blueboys were beaten 4-0 away at Premier Division title chasers Beaconsfield SYCOB on Monday.
The home side made a swift start and were ahead on two minutes when Michael Currie crossed the ball to Stuart Swift who fired in at the far post.
You may also want to watch:
Beaconsfield continued to press and got the second when Swift's corner was deflected into his own net by defender Dave Corran.
A rare Colney attack went unrewarded when Tinashe Jaravaza made a surging run forward and crossed superbly for Tony Caines, who headed over the bar.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
With Dave Townsend on from the bench, the Blueboys began to play some bright football but lacked the cutting edge in attack.
Beaconsfield made Colney pay when Arron Lennon burst into the box and a penalty was awarded against goalkeeper Gary Statham. Swift stepped up and fired home for 3-0.
Cain Davey hit the side netting with a shot before the hosts pressed for a fourth goal. Statham saved from Currie and Lennon, only for Mick Swaysland to turn and drive the ball home in injury time.
London Colney: Statham, Murphy, McCafferty (Benning), Paradise, Swendell, Jaravaza, Mitchell, Butcher (Townsend), Caines (White), Davey, Corran. Unused sub: Doolan.
Goals from Ashley Crowe and Hayden Connell handed London Colney Reserves a 2-1 win away at Hoddesdon Town on Saturday in the Molten Spartan South Midlands League Reserve Division One.