Batting display counts for nothing as rain intervenes
- Credit: Archant
A promising batting display from St Albans lead to nothing but a 10-point haul as the rain caused their game against Watford Town to be abandoned.
On winning the toss, Sam Kindlen and Adam Hounslow began cautiously with the first boundary taking 9 overs to arrive.
After Kindlen departed, Sandipan Chanda joined Hounslow and scoring became easier on a pitch that offered very little to the bowlers. They put on 54 before a mini collapse left the hosts at 97-4.
Matt Howeson and Michael Goodfellow began to rebuild, also adding fifty before a mix up in calling saw the latter run out for 19.
Max Capaldi (20) added some aggression as the clouds darkened and the drizzle began to fall. In the 48th over, and with the rain starting to hammer, an early tea was taken but the weather didn’t subside and the umpires called an end to proceedings.
You may also want to watch:
St Albans travel to Old Owens this Saturday, with the 2s hosting Sandridge at Clarence Park from 1pm.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly