Bath beat Basingstoke in seven goal thriller
THE most thrilling game in Blue Square South this weekend came at Twerton Park were Bath City came from 2-0 to win 4-3. Two goals from Jahson Downes had given Basingstoke a commanding lead but these were cancelled by strikes from Gethin Jones and a Sean H
THE most thrilling game in Blue Square South this weekend came at Twerton Park were Bath City came from 2-0 to win 4-3.
Two goals from Jahson Downes had given Basingstoke a commanding lead but these were cancelled by strikes from Gethin Jones and a Sean Hankin own goal either side of the interval.
Jones scored a second to give Bath the lead for the first time but Ashley Mitchell looked to have earned the visitor's a share of the spoils with a goal 16 minutes from time. Bath snatched all three points though when sub Mike Perrott notched in the 90th minute.
New signing Paul Goodacre marked his Braintree debut with a goal as they beat Staines Town 2-0 after Jacob Mingle had opened the scoring for the Iron.
You may also want to watch:
A 22nd minute penalty from Charlie Sheringham was all that separated Bishop's Stortford and Havant & Waterlooville and two goals from Will Hendry and one from Stafforde Palmer gave Maidenhead a wonderful 3-0 away win at Eastleigh.
Chelmsford overcame a fourth minute goal from manager less Welling United to win 3-1 with Dave Rainford, Rob Edmans and Antonio Murray on target for the Clarets.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 5 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 8 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 9 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 10 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
A 90th minute equaliser from Louis Bridges sent Worcester City home with a point after a 2-2 draw at Hampton & Richmond and a hat trick from debutant loanee Dave Gilroy gave Weston-super-Mare a 3-2 win over Lewes.
There were five different scorers for Thurrock as they brushed aside Dorchester Town 5-2, Dover kept up the pressure on leaders Newport with a 2-1 win at basement side Weymouth and Woking went down 3-1 away at Bromley.