Bath beat Basingstoke in seven goal thriller
THE most thrilling game in Blue Square South this weekend came at Twerton Park were Bath City came from 2-0 to win 4-3. Two goals from Jahson Downes had given Basingstoke a commanding lead but these were cancelled by strikes from Gethin Jones and a Sean H
THE most thrilling game in Blue Square South this weekend came at Twerton Park were Bath City came from 2-0 to win 4-3.
Two goals from Jahson Downes had given Basingstoke a commanding lead but these were cancelled by strikes from Gethin Jones and a Sean Hankin own goal either side of the interval.
Jones scored a second to give Bath the lead for the first time but Ashley Mitchell looked to have earned the visitor's a share of the spoils with a goal 16 minutes from time. Bath snatched all three points though when sub Mike Perrott notched in the 90th minute.
New signing Paul Goodacre marked his Braintree debut with a goal as they beat Staines Town 2-0 after Jacob Mingle had opened the scoring for the Iron.
You may also want to watch:
A 22nd minute penalty from Charlie Sheringham was all that separated Bishop's Stortford and Havant & Waterlooville and two goals from Will Hendry and one from Stafforde Palmer gave Maidenhead a wonderful 3-0 away win at Eastleigh.
Chelmsford overcame a fourth minute goal from manager less Welling United to win 3-1 with Dave Rainford, Rob Edmans and Antonio Murray on target for the Clarets.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 4 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
A 90th minute equaliser from Louis Bridges sent Worcester City home with a point after a 2-2 draw at Hampton & Richmond and a hat trick from debutant loanee Dave Gilroy gave Weston-super-Mare a 3-2 win over Lewes.
There were five different scorers for Thurrock as they brushed aside Dorchester Town 5-2, Dover kept up the pressure on leaders Newport with a 2-1 win at basement side Weymouth and Woking went down 3-1 away at Bromley.