Bates helps Harpenden defeat Hemel
HCPL Division Two (East) Hemel Hempstead 142-10 (60) Harpenden 143-2 (46.1) HARPENDEN cruised to an eight-wicket win at Heath Park against Hemel Hempstead on Saturday. Victory ensured Harpenden secured survival in the HCPL Division Two (East)
HCPL Division Two (East)
Hemel Hempstead 142-10 (60) Harpenden 143-2 (46.1)
HARPENDEN cruised to an eight-wicket win at Heath Park against Hemel Hempstead on Saturday.
Victory ensured Harpenden secured survival in the HCPL Division Two (East) for the second successive season, a fine achievement for the club.
You may also want to watch:
Harpenden won the toss and the decision to bowl first was soon vindicated. Oliver Tuck broke up the open partnership with a smart run out and Chris Arnold (3 for 31 off 15 overs) and Mark Mason (3 for 55 off 16.3 overs) soon began to wreak havoc. Ben Mahoney and Sulaman Qadir each picked up one wicket as Hemel were bowled out for 142.
In reply, Harpenden eased to victory led by opener Will Bates (57 not out), Adam Winchester (32) and William Jones (38). Harpenden sealed the win on 143-2 off 46.1 overs.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
In Division Three of the Saracens Herts League Harpenden II hosted Wheathampstead in a match for local pride.
Wheathampstead scored 151-9 after being inserted with Chris Bates (23), Adam Robbins (41) and Dillan Yogendra (29) making the main contributions. Peter Makower took 4 for 47 for Harpenden and Mike Cooper picked up 3 for 27 as the Division Three champions took charge.
In reply, the impressive Harpenden openers continued their stunning form, with Tony Hooper smashing 70 not out off 93 balls with 12 fours and Mick Brookes hitting 73 not out off 105 balls with eight fours. Harpenden wrapped up victory on 153-0 off 33 overs.
Simon Wade hit 70 off 95 balls as Harpenden III picked up an exciting victory at St George's School against Bushey in Division Four.
Laurie Davis (42), Guy Watts (19) and Duncan Gilson (23) also contributed well as Harpenden posted 237-8 off 53 overs.
In reply, Alex Randall took 3 for 29 off eight overs and Gilson snaffled 3 for 40 off eight overs as Harpenden bowled out the visitors for 213 off 46 overs. Mark Hoefield claimed two wickets and Rupert Garrett took one.