Batchwood welcome Bowls England president as part of their 50th birthday celebrations
- Credit: Archant
The president of Bowls England made a stop at Batchwood Bowls club – as part of the club’s 50th anniversary.
Michael Jennings arrived with a team containing players from over 15 counties for a six-rink match.
A raffle made £186 for Great Ormond Street Childrens’ Hospital, the chosen charity of Batchwood president Noel Godwin, and £71 was also raised for disabled bowlers, the charity of Jennings.
Despite the weather it was a very enjoyable day with Bowls England winning by 130 shots to 93.
Batchwood won on two rinks with England winning the other four.
You may also want to watch:
Batchwood’s top rink was Jim Gibb, Jackie Kenealy, Barbara Pamer and skip John Harvey who won 18-11.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 10 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill