Batchwood’s Hannah Read represents GB in european tennis finals
- Credit: Archant
An aspiring tennis player from Batchwood Tennis Centre has represented Great Britain in a milestone event.
Hannah Read was part of GB’s U12 side that took part in the Tennis Europe Winter Cup finals in Sunderland.
The Year 7 Queenswood pupil and her squad mates beat Russia and Hungary to get to the final where they were up against the powerful Czech Republic.
And the Czechs proved too strong winning 3-0.
Read’s participation marks a significant milestone in her burgeoning career, which has also seen her play for GB in matches against France and Ireland in recent months.
You may also want to watch:
Her coach at Batchwood, Jon Meredith, said: “Hannah continues to work hard every session and has a very determined attitude to progress.
“This is a big achievement for any player as only the top three players in GB are selected for the team.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans
“She can deservedly be very proud of herself.”