Batchwood’s Hannah Read represents GB in european tennis finals
- Credit: Archant
An aspiring tennis player from Batchwood Tennis Centre has represented Great Britain in a milestone event.
Hannah Read was part of GB’s U12 side that took part in the Tennis Europe Winter Cup finals in Sunderland.
The Year 7 Queenswood pupil and her squad mates beat Russia and Hungary to get to the final where they were up against the powerful Czech Republic.
And the Czechs proved too strong winning 3-0.
Read’s participation marks a significant milestone in her burgeoning career, which has also seen her play for GB in matches against France and Ireland in recent months.
You may also want to watch:
Her coach at Batchwood, Jon Meredith, said: “Hannah continues to work hard every session and has a very determined attitude to progress.
“This is a big achievement for any player as only the top three players in GB are selected for the team.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 6 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 7 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 8 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 9 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
“She can deservedly be very proud of herself.”