Batchwood Hall Golf Club make donation to Rennie Grove Hospice Charity Care
- Credit: Archant
A full year of fund raising saw Batchwood Hall Golf Club donate over $3,000 to charity.
David Piper, the club’s captain for 2018, had nominated Rennie Grove Hospice Care as his chosen charity for year and was able to present the hospice’s ambassador Doreen Beattie with a cheque for £3,002.30.
The total was reached after members playing in the monthly medals were invited to voluntarily donate a pound towards the charity.
A Captain’s bunker was selected for the year and any player who hit their ball into this bunker also made a donation and any player making a ‘guzzler’, a tee shot from the men’s tee that doesn’t pass the ladies’ tee, also resulted in a donation.
Piper said: “I am delighted to be able to present this donation to Rennie Grove to support their extremely valuable work.
You may also want to watch:
“I thank all of the Batchwood Hall Golf Club members for their support during 2018.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears