Batchwood enjoy perfect finals day that will ‘put us on the map’
- Credit: Archant
Batchwood played host to the St Albans & District Ladies Bowling Association ladies final day.
It saw plenty of fantastic games played although unfortunately none of them involved the hosts.
However, it was a perfect day for the club with beautiful weather greeting the big crowds.
A club spokeswoman said: “The day had been arranged by Beryl Birch so many thanks to her. The crowds that came to support us has really put Batchwood on the map.”
The club itself did have a couple of games to play.
You may also want to watch:
The men enjoyed a significant win away to Herts, completing an 80-53 success.
The top rink belonged to Dennis Garrick, Ian Simons, Adrian Baddams and skip John Harvey.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 4 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
The men were also on their travels a few days later but lost 91-71 away to Bushey.
The top rink here was Gordon Turner, Jim Gibb, Garrick and Baddams.