Batchwood enjoy perfect finals day that will ‘put us on the map’
- Credit: Archant
Batchwood played host to the St Albans & District Ladies Bowling Association ladies final day.
It saw plenty of fantastic games played although unfortunately none of them involved the hosts.
However, it was a perfect day for the club with beautiful weather greeting the big crowds.
A club spokeswoman said: “The day had been arranged by Beryl Birch so many thanks to her. The crowds that came to support us has really put Batchwood on the map.”
The club itself did have a couple of games to play.
The men enjoyed a significant win away to Herts, completing an 80-53 success.
The top rink belonged to Dennis Garrick, Ian Simons, Adrian Baddams and skip John Harvey.
- 1 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 2 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 Tough mother Jenny giving back to Bone Cancer Research
- 8 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 9 St Albans SustFest kicks off in style
- 10 Six Bells shock Skew Bridge to lift Herts Ad Knockout Cup
The men were also on their travels a few days later but lost 91-71 away to Bushey.
The top rink here was Gordon Turner, Jim Gibb, Garrick and Baddams.