Batchwood enjoy perfect finals day that will ‘put us on the map’
- Credit: Archant
Batchwood played host to the St Albans & District Ladies Bowling Association ladies final day.
It saw plenty of fantastic games played although unfortunately none of them involved the hosts.
However, it was a perfect day for the club with beautiful weather greeting the big crowds.
A club spokeswoman said: “The day had been arranged by Beryl Birch so many thanks to her. The crowds that came to support us has really put Batchwood on the map.”
The club itself did have a couple of games to play.
You may also want to watch:
The men enjoyed a significant win away to Herts, completing an 80-53 success.
The top rink belonged to Dennis Garrick, Ian Simons, Adrian Baddams and skip John Harvey.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 6 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 7 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 8 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 9 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
The men were also on their travels a few days later but lost 91-71 away to Bushey.
The top rink here was Gordon Turner, Jim Gibb, Garrick and Baddams.