Basingstoke next up at Clarence Park
St Albans City v Basingstoke Town Tuesday, December 1 – 7.45pm KO Season so far: Basingstoke surprised many with their early season form. A 1-1 draw with Worcester saw Town take top spot back in August but since then their form has tailed off. The Red Dr
St Albans City v Basingstoke Town
Tuesday, December 1 - 7.45pm KO
Season so far: Basingstoke surprised many with their early season form.
A 1-1 draw with Worcester saw Town take top spot back in August but since then their form has tailed off.
You may also want to watch:
The Red Dragons' go into tonight's game looking for their first win in five games, a run that has seen them lose three and draw two.
Last meeting: The two sides drew 1-1 at the Camrose when they met last month. Drew Roberts opened the scoring for the Saints but Town equalised when Saints goalkeeper Paul Bastock was sent off and the impressive Matt Warner converted the resulting penalty.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
Players: Paul Bastock returns after missing the previous two games through suspension following his red card at Basingstoke.
Paul Hakim could start up front as Steve Castle looks to bolster his side's goalscoring capabilities.
One player who won't line up for Basingstoke at Clarence Park is Phil Ruggles who left the club by mutual consent this week, though they have been boosted by the news that Fraser Franks' loan deal from Brentford has been extended.
Goalkeeper Ross Kitteridge will hope to dislodge Craig Atkinson from between the sticks for the visitors after losing his place to Atkinson for Saturday's game with Welling United.
Referee: Ian Rathbone (Northampton) assisted by A R Stevens and R Moss.
Mr Rathbone took charge of City's 2-0 win over Worcester City