Baseball: Herts Falcons beat reigning champions
THE British baseball season is now in full swing and all five teams from Herts Baseball Club were in action on Sunday.
In the National Baseball League, the Herts Falcons won both their games against defending national champions, the Harlow Nationals. The Falcons’ winning pitchers were Jordan Farkas and Darrin Ward, while Chris Hiche aided the offence with a home run.
In another notable victory, the Herts Hawks won their first game against Hove Tuesday behind the stellar pitching of Nick Russell. Russell pitched the whole game without giving up a run or even a hit.
The full results are below:
National Baseball League (top tier)
Herts Falcons 16 @ Harlow Nationals 8
Herts Falcons 8 @ Harlow Nationals 1
- 1 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 2 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 3 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 4 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 5 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 8 St Albans Striders shine at Summer Solstice 10k
- 9 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 10 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
AAA South (second tier)
Leones de Feltham 8 @ Herts Ravens 4
Leones de Feltham 15 @ Herts Ravens 13
AA South (third tier)
Hove Tuesday 0 @ Herts Hawks 10
Hove Tuesday 15 @ Herts Hawks 25
A South Pool A (fourth tier)
Herts Eagles 16 @ Milton Keynes Coyotes 34
Herts Raptors 42 @ Leicester 2Sox 20
Herts Baseball Club is based at Grovehill Ballpark in Hemel Hempstead (post code HP2 6LB). It welcomes male and female players of all levels, including beginners, to compete in both youth baseball (ages 6–16) and adult baseball (14 and up). Visit www.hertsbaseball.com for more information on becoming a player and details of other ways to get involved. Games are free to attend for spectators.