Baseball: Herts Falcons beat reigning champions
THE British baseball season is now in full swing and all five teams from Herts Baseball Club were in action on Sunday.
In the National Baseball League, the Herts Falcons won both their games against defending national champions, the Harlow Nationals. The Falcons’ winning pitchers were Jordan Farkas and Darrin Ward, while Chris Hiche aided the offence with a home run.
In another notable victory, the Herts Hawks won their first game against Hove Tuesday behind the stellar pitching of Nick Russell. Russell pitched the whole game without giving up a run or even a hit.
The full results are below:
National Baseball League (top tier)
You may also want to watch:
Herts Falcons 16 @ Harlow Nationals 8
Herts Falcons 8 @ Harlow Nationals 1
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Charity founder cancels Channel swim after suffering long Covid
AAA South (second tier)
Leones de Feltham 8 @ Herts Ravens 4
Leones de Feltham 15 @ Herts Ravens 13
AA South (third tier)
Hove Tuesday 0 @ Herts Hawks 10
Hove Tuesday 15 @ Herts Hawks 25
A South Pool A (fourth tier)
Herts Eagles 16 @ Milton Keynes Coyotes 34
Herts Raptors 42 @ Leicester 2Sox 20
Herts Baseball Club is based at Grovehill Ballpark in Hemel Hempstead (post code HP2 6LB). It welcomes male and female players of all levels, including beginners, to compete in both youth baseball (ages 6–16) and adult baseball (14 and up). Visit www.hertsbaseball.com for more information on becoming a player and details of other ways to get involved. Games are free to attend for spectators.