Barker fires century as Radlett hit top spot at Reading
HCPL Division One Reading 281-8 (66) Radlett 284-9 (52.3) HERTS spinner Paul Barker bludgeoned a maiden club century as Radlett recorded a spectacular win at Reading to climb to the top of the Home Counties Premier League Division One on Saturday.
HCPL Division One
Reading 281-8 (66) Radlett 284-9 (52.3)
HERTS spinner Paul Barker bludgeoned a maiden club century as Radlett recorded a spectacular win at Reading to climb to the top of the Home Counties Premier League Division One on Saturday.
Reading batted first and posted 281-8 off their 66 overs with Heinrich Le Roux scoring 125. Radlett skipper Shane Burger claimed two wickets from a fine 12 over spell, conceding just 24 runs and Felix Walker picked up three wickets. Atul Sachdeva, Paul Barker and Kabir Toor each claimed one wicket.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, Radlett number three Graham Dill hit a half century and Walker contributed 39 but it was former Potters Bar player Barker who inspired the dramatic victory firing 110 not out. Radlett reached the target on 284-9 off 52.3 overs and now lead the table by a point from High Wycombe and two points from Tring Park with Oxford just six points back.
In Division Two of the Saracens Herts League Radlett II restricted Northwood to 181 and had little trouble in passing that total to win on 183-4 in just 33 overs.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 A New York state of mind