Back-to-back wins for Town
Benfica and Amerhsam dispatched by Town
HARPENDEN Town got back to winning ways with back-to-back victories over Sport London e Benfica and Amersham Town.
After four games without a win, Ryan Thompson’s side went goal crazy putting eight past Benfica on Saturday before following that up with a 2-0 win at Amersham Town on Tuesday night.
The two victories had put Town back at the top of the Division One table prior to Berkhamsted’s trip to Crawley Green last night.
Ant Burns had put Town on their way as early as the 13th minute against Benfica on Saturday and Chris Gregory doubled the home side’s tally four minutes later.
You may also want to watch:
A goal by Danny Daconceicao on the half hour mark meant the teams turned around with just a goal separating them but the second half belonged all to Harpenden.
Aaron Clarke restored the two goal cushion 10 minutes after the break and Jimmy Warner grabbed number four.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 Green light given to new hospital project
- 3 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
Clarke grabbed his second with 20 minutes remaining before two goals in 60 seconds from Rob Clark and Mark Hitchcock made it a magnificent seven.
All that was left was for Aaron Clarke to complete his hat-trick with goal number eight in the 89th minute.
On Tuesday night Town travelled to Amersham looking to build on Saturday’s impressive result something they achieved with a 2-0 win.
Town were made to wait until just before the interval for the opening goal with Burns grabbing his second in as many games three minutes before the break.
The game was put to bed 13 minutes from time when Rob Clark netted to kill off any hopes Amersham may have had of getting something from the game.
Town are on the road again on Saturday when they travel to Cranfield United.