Back-to-back wins for Town
Benfica and Amerhsam dispatched by Town
HARPENDEN Town got back to winning ways with back-to-back victories over Sport London e Benfica and Amersham Town.
After four games without a win, Ryan Thompson’s side went goal crazy putting eight past Benfica on Saturday before following that up with a 2-0 win at Amersham Town on Tuesday night.
The two victories had put Town back at the top of the Division One table prior to Berkhamsted’s trip to Crawley Green last night.
Ant Burns had put Town on their way as early as the 13th minute against Benfica on Saturday and Chris Gregory doubled the home side’s tally four minutes later.
You may also want to watch:
A goal by Danny Daconceicao on the half hour mark meant the teams turned around with just a goal separating them but the second half belonged all to Harpenden.
Aaron Clarke restored the two goal cushion 10 minutes after the break and Jimmy Warner grabbed number four.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 9 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 10 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
Clarke grabbed his second with 20 minutes remaining before two goals in 60 seconds from Rob Clark and Mark Hitchcock made it a magnificent seven.
All that was left was for Aaron Clarke to complete his hat-trick with goal number eight in the 89th minute.
On Tuesday night Town travelled to Amersham looking to build on Saturday’s impressive result something they achieved with a 2-0 win.
Town were made to wait until just before the interval for the opening goal with Burns grabbing his second in as many games three minutes before the break.
The game was put to bed 13 minutes from time when Rob Clark netted to kill off any hopes Amersham may have had of getting something from the game.
Town are on the road again on Saturday when they travel to Cranfield United.