Back-to-back wins for Super Saints
Bedwell Rangers 1 St Peter s 3 ST Peter s recorded a fine 3-1 win for the second week in succession as they continued their good form at Bedwell Rangers on Saturday.
Herts Senior County League Division One
Bedwell Rangers 1 St Peter's 3
ST Peter's recorded a fine 3-1 win for the second week in succession as they continued their good form at Bedwell Rangers on Saturday.
Saints were expecting a strong display against the struggling hosts. Strikers Sean Workman and Richard Ellis were missing but Saints got off to a flying start with Dan Cockerton firing home on three minutes.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts almost found an equaliser before half time after the visitors had missed a number of good chances to wrap the game up.
Eventually the Saints took the pressure off with a second goal when Mark Savory headed home a cross from the right flank.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 4 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 5 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 6 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
Bedwell battled on and replied with a goal from Taye Fagborun but sealed the points when Scott Ferguson headed home from a set piece.
Manager Mitch Morris was pleased with a second win on the bounce for his side but will be looking for more clinical displays in the final two matches of the campaign. Saints are chasing a respectable midtable position. They go away to Croxley Guild today (Thursday) and then finish the campaign on May 3 with a home match against Cuffley at Lemsford. Kick off is 3pm.